All Discussions Tagged 'art' (20)

← Back to A TRICK OF THE EYE: ART & AESTHETICS
Discussions Replies Latest Activity

The Legacy of the Plumed Serpent in Ancient Mexico

I went to the Dallas Museum today. Yes, a museum all about me! Lol. Just kidding. No, I went and saw the Legacy of the Plumed Serpent in An…

Started by A Former Member

0 Nov 3, 2012

Van Gogh: The Life

Van Gogh: The Life   He’s famous for both his incredible art and his notorious instability, but what was life really like for one of the gr…

1 Oct 13, 2012
Reply by michele ricketts

Love is the Devil: Study for a Portrait of Francis Bacon (1998), directed by John Maybury

A short but suitably warped account of the love affair between the painter Francis Bacon (Derek Jacobi) and a small-time criminal named…

1 Apr 29, 2012
Reply by Steph S.

Vladimire Zimakov: Graphic Artist and Illustrator

Vladimir Zimakov All images are copied from his site, VladimirZimakov.com, and are posted here for informational purposes only. Copyright r…

0 Apr 2, 2012

The Criminal Genius of Caravaggio

The Criminal Genius of Caravaggio In one of the last pictures he ever painted, a grim and startling “Resurrection” altarpiece, Caravaggio s…

0 Oct 5, 2011

Case of LA's stolen Rembrandt intrigues art world

Case of LA's stolen Rembrandt intrigues art world On the surface it looked like an open-and-shut case: A pair of thieves drop by an art exh…

0 Sep 12, 2011

A nightmare named Zdzislaw Beksinski

I can’t believe I haven't posted Zdzislaw Beksinski yet. He’s not my all time favorite, but these top three paintings are my favorite out o…

0 Jun 22, 2011

A Solitary Man: Winslow Homer found his subject in nature

A Solitary Man: Winslow Homer found his subject in nature Like the rugged men and robust woman he often portrayed, artist Winslow Homer s…

0 Nov 12, 2010

A Quiz for the Eye

This is a game, similar to the Lyrics Quiz discussion in the Bandstand group. The rules are simple: someone posts the depiction of a work…

Started by Jaume

284 Sep 25, 2010
Reply by Jean Jacques

Is there any Christian art you like in spite of it being religious?

Is there any Christian art you like in spite of it being religious? I came one class shy of having a minor in art history, but that was…

12 Aug 19, 2010
Reply by Cobbie Tigerpaw

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service