All Discussions Tagged 'art' (20)

← Back to A TRICK OF THE EYE: ART & AESTHETICS
Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Missing 'Priceless' Artwork? Call Robert Wittman

Missing 'Priceless' Artwork? Call Robert Wittman In late December 2000, three people armed with machine guns went into the Swedish Nation…

Started by A Former Member

0 Jul 14, 2010

The boy who paints like an old master

The boy who paints like an old master His pictures cost upwards of £900, there are 680 people on a waiting list to buy them, and his seco…

4 Jun 15, 2010
Reply by Kellesta Jones

Starring Mark Rothko

Starring Mark Rothko Abstract Expressionist Mark Rothko kept banker’s hours. Rain or shine, hot or cold, inspired or not, he went to his N…

0 Mar 30, 2010

New York woman falls, rips Picasso painting

New York woman falls, rips Picasso painting NEW YORK (AFP) – A significant Pablo Picasso painting was damaged after a woman attending art c…

1 Mar 29, 2010
Reply by Howard S. Dunn

The Art of the Altered Book

The Art of the Altered Book Brian Dettmer's book art is so damn good, I don;t want to waste your time talking about it when you could…

0 Dec 21, 2009

Tim Burton's Drawings On Display

Tim Burton's Drawings On Display Tim Burton is probably the only person who could get away with using a monster's mouth as the entrance…

1 Dec 6, 2009
Reply by sacha

I love me a good Shag!

I just love Shag’s work. He is surprisingly little known, at least around here. I often say that almost everything is completely dependent…

3 Oct 7, 2009

Merda d'artista (1961)

Merda d'artista, by Piero Manzoni, is perhaps my favourite piece of art. Alledgedly produced in repsonse to Manzoni's father's comment tha…

Started by Stephen Moore

1 Oct 3, 2009
Reply by A Former Member

American Masters | Andy Warhol: A Documentary Film

American Masters | Andy Warhol: A Documentary Film This is an excellent documentary on Warhol. He never was one of my favorites, but aft…

2 Oct 3, 2009
Reply by A Former Member

Otto Dix (1891 – 1969)

Otto Dix (1891 – 1969) Today, Otto Dix is considered one of the most significant artists of the 20th century. His engaged and ambivalent…

2 Sep 28, 2009
Reply by A Former Member

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service