This question was asked before by another member of Atheist Nexus who, unfortunately, left the site about 6 months ago. When he left, his discussions went with him. (I hate that about Ning.) That is too bad, really, because that topic received more responses than any other discussion thread on A|N that I have ever seen -- well over 400, I believe.

Well, I don't plan on leaving A|N anytime soon, so I'm going to ask that question all over again. We've had a lot of new members since the first time, so this will be a good chance for all the new faces, and some of the old, to vent once again about why they are single.

So, why are you single?

Tags: atheist singles, companionship, dating, lovers, partners, romance, single, singles

Views: 2204

Replies to This Discussion

I'm single because I'm picky.
1. I work odd hours
2. i don't go out to places i would meet people (see #1)
3. i don't try. (see #2)
4. i am content and happy enough being single
Brand new to the site, first post anywhere

Single because...

- My 26-year-old ex-wife divorced me for her 19-year-old high school student about a year ago.

- I was always a shy guy so it usually takes girls asking me out or making it painfully obvious that they like me before I make a move

- I'm picky, so I often don't make that move because of little things

- I live in Arkansas. Yeah, nuff said.

- As such, only 4 or 5 of my 100-or-so FB friends are atheist and apparently none of them know any attractive nonreligious girls, or they're holding out on me. Ha!

I had 2 or 3 odd little flings within a few months after the divorce. Nothing lasted that long. I've never really been comfortable with random one-off hookups either (and never had the nerve to be a heart-breaker). Considered myself a christian from age 16 till about a year or two ago so that might have a little something to do with it, but I also just think one-niters and flings seem kinda pointless at times! (fun definitely, but pointless). And not that I'm completely unhappy with being single again (it's very freeing at times), but seeking out random flings doesn't seem like it'll make me any happier than I am for very long. I'm looking for someone I could actually get along with for more than 2 weeks.
I have been single for 2 years now and I am learning that as much as I like relationships and companionship, I really prefer having sex with different people when I feel like it. Monogamy has always been hard for me, so why fight it? I have close friendships that meet my companionship needs. When I am single, adventure awaits.
That is a very strange thing to "accuse" someone of...
First, I don't think I could be with anyone who wasn't also a geek, precisely because they couldn't possibly understand me without understanding that I'm obsessed with geeky things. I also think it would be difficult because I don't have that many interests that people wouldn't consider geeky, so I don't know what we could possibly have in common...
I wish you luck with this whole situation.
You epitomize my impression of all women. You are reinforcing the idea that all women are shmuks. Your attitude is not nice. How am I ever going to meet a women if they are all like you? I am single because of social phobia and it is hard for me to talk in loud, crowded bars.
You're joking, right?
And here I thought I was the only one who picked up on this...
I'm not even sure what you are criticizing...there doesn't seem to be much in her post which any reasonable person could take offense to.
Keyword being REASONABLE.
@Summerbreeze - Aww, f*ck it. I'm just going to ignore you.

This FTW!
As I said before, I don't even know what he's upset about. As long as you are honest with what you want out of a relationship, you're already doing better than a lot of people...I'm still at a loss as to what the issue here is, but I assure you, being honest with yourself and with others is quite important, and I have no idea why that would ever be a problem.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

Joseph P replied to Rick Springfield's discussion Religion the virus of society in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
26 seconds ago
Pat commented on Freethinker31's blog post Respect for other peoples culture
2 minutes ago
Luara replied to Scot Hinson's discussion Suicide ?!?
3 minutes ago
booklover commented on Ruth Anthony-Gardner's group Hang With Friends
15 minutes ago
Deidre32 liked Steph S.'s discussion Without god what's to stop me from raping all I want? Penn Jillette answers
17 minutes ago
Deidre32 replied to Steph S.'s discussion Without god what's to stop me from raping all I want? Penn Jillette answers
18 minutes ago
Deidre32 posted a status
"almost friday!"
24 minutes ago
Luara commented on Freethinker31's blog post Respect for other peoples culture
41 minutes ago
Steph S. replied to John Jubinsky's discussion Scientists Say Neanderthals and Modern Humans Coexisted in Europe for about 5,400Years in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
42 minutes ago
Steph S. liked John Jubinsky's discussion Scientists Say Neanderthals and Modern Humans Coexisted in Europe for about 5,400Years
43 minutes ago
Dr. Terence Meaden liked John Jubinsky's discussion Scientists Say Neanderthals and Modern Humans Coexisted in Europe for about 5,400Years
48 minutes ago
Sentient Biped replied to John Jubinsky's discussion Scientists Say Neanderthals and Modern Humans Coexisted in Europe for about 5,400Years in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
48 minutes ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service