This question was asked before by another member of Atheist Nexus who, unfortunately, left the site about 6 months ago. When he left, his discussions went with him. (I hate that about Ning.) That is too bad, really, because that topic received more responses than any other discussion thread on A|N that I have ever seen -- well over 400, I believe.

Well, I don't plan on leaving A|N anytime soon, so I'm going to ask that question all over again. We've had a lot of new members since the first time, so this will be a good chance for all the new faces, and some of the old, to vent once again about why they are single.

So, why are you single?

Tags: atheist singles, companionship, dating, lovers, partners, romance, single, singles

Views: 2231

Replies to This Discussion

my "about me" (in sort im a laveyan satanist which is a form of atheism its basically atheism with no moral values if you want ask me about it) now what sets me apart, my personality can be described as brutally honest, always uses pure logic, black hearted (never have had a real connection to anyone really saddens me to think about it so don't take it as tough guy additude i envy those who find that connection), because im pure logically minded i have no moral values for moral sake, couldn't care less on traditional values, trends, social norms, and opinions of what others think of me and also i have never accepted a delusion as truth to hide from a painful truth. i live to increase my emotional well being and i only see (and highly respect) my body only as a vessel that allows me to do what i want. im an open book (i will talk about ANYTHING no matter how "private" or contraversal the subject) and im very social who loves to be doing something and i have a large sence of humor.

I live in the "buy bull" belt....while there are pockets of like minded people in my neck of the woods, none tend to be in my age group, or if they are, there is just no attraction.  I've been accused of being too picky, or setting my standards entirely too high....(wtf? I just know by now, what I can deal with, and what I can't.  That's all...sheesh!)  Being an atheist in the deep South....not so easy.  Dating.....for an atheist intellectual....yeah...um...I don't date much...at all.....

Because I'm just awkward like that, hurr hurr~

I've never been in a relationship before, and I'm hesitant about getting into something that I would have no idea how to deal with.  Also, I have issues.  Not commitment issues, but more like, "OMG I've finally realized that you're flirting with me!  Are you flirting with me?  You're flirting with me!  Shit.  And I was flirting back.  Great.  Now I'm going to freeze up and pretend I never noticed and my twitchy behavior is going to freak you out and you're going to think I hate you when I actually kinda like you but just have no idea how to express myself and everything is going to be awkward.  Yay."

Yes, that is my issue.  Or, basically, I'm uber-cautious, live in my head, and have a tendency to back off from emotionally intense situations so I can gain some objective distance to analyze them.  Then I get scared and run away before anything can come of it.

Also, once upon a time in 8th grade, a friend asked me out and I laughed in his face because I thought he was joking.  Oops.

You know, Kacie, if you actually said that out loud, that might work for a lot of people. You're not the only one with issues like that. Though it's possible I've watched way too many sitcoms...

After much self-reflection, I've come to the conclusion that trying to get a date with me would be like trying to coax a skittish rodent-thing (like a mole rat?) out of its burrow with a peanut.  Though I have no idea what I've been watching too much of to think in terms of burrowing rodents...

Could still be sitcoms, I suppose. "Everybody Loves Ratmond"?

I guess I'm just too shallow.  My last two exes were only 18 when I started dating them.  They were really hot too.  But that's just way too young to have a serious relationship despite what they told me.  I see that now.  I gravitate toward younger girls like that because I want to start a family of my own and most females my age usually have a kid or two or look like they are like 20 years older than me.  I know that makes me sound bad but it's the truth.  I'm trying to change though.  I'll never be happy getting into relationships with girls that are almost young enough to be my daughter.  Who the hell do I think I am, Hugh Hefner?

Damn, don't I wish...

I've also dated males that were much younger than myself, usually people my age are way into sedentary home life, something which I do not desire.
As for breeding... we're headed for 8 billion Homo sapiens, we REALLY don't need any more, so wear condoms and date whatever age group you like!!! :)

I'm single by choice, though not mine.  I know that's cliche, but that's the only way I can describe it.

It's either because nobody likes me, or because I like nobody.  I'm uncomfortable socially when I don't know anyone and can be hard to get to know, just never worked out for me I guess.  I became 'born again' pagan/atheist in 2007.  Even if I stay single, which isn't so bad sometimes I would like to meet some new friends that don't have all that magical indoctrination going on.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service