What are the qualities you require a person to have before considering a relationship with them?  (employment, education, a pulse, etc.)

What qualities will you NOT accept?  (unemployment, illiteracy, room temperature liver, etc.)

(Both questions should be related to what you consider 'show stoppers'.)

Views: 92

Replies to This Discussion

Yeah, but you'll die of heart disease by the age of 20.
If you find find such a women and she has a twin let me know. Not really but finding an atheist hunting and fishing partner would be a dream. I had 72 sits last season and shot 11 deer. That's every weekend and a bunch of weekdays. If they don't hunt they wont see me mid October to mid January. I've ended more than relationship with hunting season.

Oddly enough, I find a fair number of women who meet MY requirements.  Usually the problem is that I don't meet HERS.  Often her list looks like this:

- Extremely tall.

- Amazingly handsome. 

- Income in the top 1% of the population.

- Must live in the "right" neighborhood.

- Must drive the "right" car.

- Must have gone to the "right" school.

- Must have voted for the "right" candidate.

- ... and about a dozen other things that disqualify me.

I have not met one yet but would most likely run into the same problem.I can cover the tall spec and that's about it.

Isn't it usually the women who tries to change her partner?

Women get married, thinking the man will change.  Men get married, thinking the woman won't.

Having just gotten out of a 10 year relationship I haven't come up with a complete list yet. But there is one thing that wasn't on my list before that are now because of the ex. Racism was so far off my radar before but now, any sign that they might be racist... like not being willing to date other races (even if I am their race) is a deal breaker.

Unacceptable, in random order:

1. Bad teeth

2. Bad acne or other skin conditions

3. Shorter than me (but I'm 5'2'' so it's not an unreasonable request)

4. A job that makes too little money (I'm not a gold digger, but I don't work my ass off to support some bum)

5. Religious

6. Very overweight (I used to be very overweight and worked my ass off to get to a decent shape and health level, and I'm always working hard to improve it further, I don't need some bacon chompin' turd on a couch asking me for a beer and a pizza and dragging me down to fat town with him)

7. Owns overalls

8. Doesn't bathe daily

9. Doesn't keep his own home clean

10. Doesn't do his own laundry

11. Is too dependent (I guess the last three are in that column?)

12. Dirty hair

13. Has ever appeared on Jersey Shore

14. Is stupid

15. Doesn't chase me

16. Cheap

17. Smokes

18. Doesn't like animals

19. Has kids

Personally, I'm not all that concerned with skin tone, hair color, eye color, shoe size, etc.  I find myself gravitating toward non-American men for some reason, Asian and European in particular, but it's honestly not conscious.  I guess that means I like "exotic" guys?  I dunno. 

• 3. Shorter than me (but I'm 5'2'' so it's not an unreasonable request)

Heh, I had a roommate once whom that would drive nuts.  He's 5'1" and has all sorts of dating problems, because of that.  You cruel, cruel woman.  :-P

• 6. Very overweight (I used to be very overweight and worked my ass off to get to a decent shape and health level, and I'm always working hard to improve it further, I don't need some bacon chompin' turd on a couch asking me for a beer and a pizza and dragging me down to fat town with him)

The explanation fits my exact reason for the same requirement.  Nice.

I exercise my self-control at the checkout.  If I was living with a girlfriend who takes horrible care of herself and always keeps junk food around the house, I'd be screwed.  Also, when I try to do something active for at least an hour a day, it would sure as hell help to have someone to help push me along.

Similar history here, too.  At one pathetic point in my life, I was about 80 pounds heavier than I am now.  It wasn't for a very long time, but gave me the massive (err, ahem ... wow, what a pathetic pun) wake-up call about the eating habits I had been taught growing up.  I'm a vegetarian now, and I don't touch fried foods.

• 7. Owns overalls

Wow, they still sell those?

• 12. Dirty hair

That's not covered by #8?

• 15. Doesn't chase me

Whoops, oh well.  I'm screwed.

Whats the no overall thing?
She doesn't want to date a farmer.
I didn't know you knew Katie Ranting Redhead Smith so well that you can speak for her.
It's called humor.  Bring your own air-quotes.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service