Okay this is really for the ladies, if your in a lounge or area where a guy meets you, then your part ways, and the next day he text you instead of calling, is that a bad thing? I've had times where i'd text a women, get a dull conversation, then say in my head "let me just call her" and bam we interacting like crazy. I know the question sounds self explanatory, but i would like to know what my fellow women of the Nexus cares about? or if texting irks them.

e.i, not all the time do i get women who like calling, I've had known women that I've known for 3 years and we spoke on the phone probably about 7 times, and that's pushing it.

Views: 6

Replies to This Discussion

Just in general, I'd always call. Text is a bad way of conversing with someone who doesn't know you well. If she can't hear your inflection, she may misunderstand something, not catch that something is a joke.
I'm the anomaly who prefers conversing via email than verbally.

Key word though; "Anomaly." I imagine most women would prefer the call. Especially since when someone texts me and I haven't attached a name to the number yet, I often have no idea who is texting me.
I have problems/fears regarding phone conversations, so I much prefer texting anyway. Or e-mail. But then I tend to eff up whatever I say in any medium, but I'd rather have a guy not write back than react live over the phone.
People scare the bejeebers out of me.

But I am probably not typical of women in general, most appear to love being on the phone.
Sometimes I don't like to talk either. Sometimes I am not really sure how a conversation will go. A witty text can be a really cool icebreaker! But that is just my opinion.
I'd start with a text and then ask her if she'd like you to call her.
I don't mind texting. I agree with Heather that asking if you can call via a text is a good idea. Sometimes I'm not in the mood to talk.
I'm glad I noticed your question, because I bitch about this occasionally. As a gay girl, if I give a woman my number, and she texts me, I am instantly turned off. Grow some balls and call. Texting is too passive. Even worse (to me) is when a gal texts me and I call her back and it goes to voicemail, and then she responds with another text. My attitudes regarding this may be related to the fact that I am 41:)
*cheers*
Hmm that might be part of the answer Myke. You may want to take the woman's age into consideration. Younger women might be more OK with texting than older women.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service