Ok, so due to my inability to lower my standards, I have unwittingly dedicated myself to becoming an atheist nun....(kidding, but that's the way it's turning out). So I live in the buckle of the bible belt, I'm educated, attractive for my age, own my own business, and mindless sex is just so easy (and boring) for us....isn't it ladies??? (You guys know that's true) But finding someone you actually WANT to be with, now that is where things get good and complicated!! I've decided in my wisdom, that I will not settle. Since MOST atheists live far far away from me, it never really occurred to me to try and find a man that could keep up with me intellectually on this site, but what did occur to me, was that I would meet awesome people who are intelligent, well spoken, educated, (whether self taught or schooled), witty and socially aware. I have hit the mother load there!!! This site helps me hold on to the fact that there are growing numbers of people just like me out there and I am not alone!! Rational, kind, and well spoken non-believers! I LOVE yall people....!!! (no but really, I do! That's a facetious southern accent btw and yeah, I am a southern girl and lovin there are so many talking atheists on this site!!!)
Now that being said....it can be a lonely life. But I just can't, and won't settle. You feel me?

Views: 1880

Replies to This Discussion

LOL Joseph P - All these libido-bubbling-over Atheist singles, yet in real life we're all too far apart. Your offer to help however is most chivalrous and completely selfless I'm sure.

:-P
We should have a map or something, then we could have a chart to calculate the CBA - Closest Bonkable Atheist.
Miisa, If you have the map, I WANT A COPY!!!! Hook a sister up!!!
Yeah, every group needs their TLA's, huh? I can live with that one.
That's great Miisa! I think there is a map somewhere on this site, don't know if it's to do with the Atheist group though.

*EDIT* Found it:

http://www.atheistnexus.org/group/atheistsingles/forum/topics/where...
Yeah, selfless-ish. Anyway, I'm not completely celibate, but not completely off the market, either.
ROFL!! Joseph.....as far as the monks and nuns in this discussion....you are the Hoe! But thanks for wanting to be Mr. Helper!! (you are cracking my ass up!) You are the only one admitting to having sex right now......hoe. Guess I'm just jealous you have someone you actually want to have sex with....heheheh
The order just keeps getting bigger! Welcome Tabi...I'm hoping all of us won't be in the nunnery or the abbey too long.....
Ah, I to am an atheist priest. and just like you Kelly, I am no long willing to lower my standards. The bigger problem seems to be the women I meet are not willing to lower their standards!
*LIKE*
I on the other hand do lower my standards, this doesn't serve me well in the long term but it can often be a choice between short term or no term. There are limits, I'm not saying that I wrestle down women off the street who I'm not attracted to or who I'm not compatible with intentionally and demand they spend some quality time with me but I do let a lot of things slide. The first thing I'm prepared to let slide is the fact that they "got some Jesus in 'em". I've never dated an atheist woman and this isn't by choice. Perhaps they're rightfully crossing me off their list before I even get to get them drunk enough to give real thought to dating me, but then again I rarely run into atheist women and I never ask right off the bat. In fact I try not to ask, and I do try to avoid and downplay any Jeebus talk to the extent that my wits allow for.
Ok I can confess to the lowering of the standards as well but it certainly has not served me well either. I have been willing to overlook certain things due to mutual attraction, but in the end, something is always not right and a relationship will either never happen, or ends.
So, are you saying that someone would have to be drunk to give real thought to dating you??? lol...atheists aren't that bad :) I have met atheist men, however the few that I have met down here in bible land, there has just been no chemistry, and I end up making a cool new friend and that's about it. It's been a while since I have been in the company of a man that just rocked my world, but I am not prepared to give up just yet :) Besides, I have tried to compromise, and I am old enough and had enough experiences to know it just doesn't work.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service