Ok, so due to my inability to lower my standards, I have unwittingly dedicated myself to becoming an atheist nun....(kidding, but that's the way it's turning out). So I live in the buckle of the bible belt, I'm educated, attractive for my age, own my own business, and mindless sex is just so easy (and boring) for us....isn't it ladies??? (You guys know that's true) But finding someone you actually WANT to be with, now that is where things get good and complicated!! I've decided in my wisdom, that I will not settle. Since MOST atheists live far far away from me, it never really occurred to me to try and find a man that could keep up with me intellectually on this site, but what did occur to me, was that I would meet awesome people who are intelligent, well spoken, educated, (whether self taught or schooled), witty and socially aware. I have hit the mother load there!!! This site helps me hold on to the fact that there are growing numbers of people just like me out there and I am not alone!! Rational, kind, and well spoken non-believers! I LOVE yall people....!!! (no but really, I do! That's a facetious southern accent btw and yeah, I am a southern girl and lovin there are so many talking atheists on this site!!!)
Now that being said....it can be a lonely life. But I just can't, and won't settle. You feel me?

Views: 1856

Replies to This Discussion

I'm contemplating Seattle, perhaps, at some point in the future.

I like Seattle :) Easy to grow things.

... particularly mildew.  :-D
It's the LA state flower.
When something is completely covered in greenish-yellow stuff in North Carolina, it's probably just the pine pollen.
real late but I'm in as long as it's low altitude.
what? move out? you just need to be in the right city. atlanta is nice, so is chapel hill, and many places in florida.

Honestly...I guess I was stupid enough to think that if men could be freethinkers about religion and society, they could be freethinkers about sexuality....yet I'm finding more and more that, not only are most atheist guys socially awkward goobers, but somehow they still get their ideas about sexuality from beer commercials and MTV.  They still seem to think that even though they're overweight, bald, badly dressed apes that they deserve Angelina Jolie because, "Derp...I'm smart, she should love me for WHO I am!"

Nevermind, you should do the same for another woman...grrrrr......I guess it's not really MORE common in the atheist community to be like that, but it just pisses me off that much more!

Hear hear! I expect stupidity from religious people :)

Oh I hear ya!  It's almost like they are total posers when that happens.  I happen to believe that my belief you can't be a freethinker and a bigot, is TRUE.  Nothing in free thought includes hate.  And I freekin hate Angelina Jolie....she's beautiful, an atheist, a humanist, cool, and needs to be eliminated, because who can live up to that image??  But really, I think she is an awesome human being especially for the work she does as a goodwill ambassador to the UN.  Most guys don't really know those things about her, nor would it change their opinion of her one way or the other.  Don't let it get to you sweetie.  It will give you gray hair and wrinkles, and atheist or no, I don't think either of us desire either of those dreadful things.  I find it's best to just leave these type ass hats to their shallow posing.  You can't save them all.  I'm loving your passion and fiery spirit though!!  I've figured out the only way I can really help this problem, is to raise a son that admires women like Angelina Jolie for the beautiful things they do, more than for what they look like and doesn't look twice at vacuous twits like oh let's say Paris Hilton who is about as socially aware as roadkill and has the same IQ.  Past that....I get a headache.... 

Her flaw is money.  Having so much money comes with so much responsibility because people need what she has, money.   When you acquire the amount of money that she has it is just as rediculous as the next CEO banker.  Angelina may have good qualities as you mention along with female attractiveness for men but she is also buying into what the rest of the money hungry shit bags have.  We all live on earth and the way we carry ourselves is quite revealing.

Yeah! haha.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service