Ok, so due to my inability to lower my standards, I have unwittingly dedicated myself to becoming an atheist nun....(kidding, but that's the way it's turning out). So I live in the buckle of the bible belt, I'm educated, attractive for my age, own my own business, and mindless sex is just so easy (and boring) for us....isn't it ladies??? (You guys know that's true) But finding someone you actually WANT to be with, now that is where things get good and complicated!! I've decided in my wisdom, that I will not settle. Since MOST atheists live far far away from me, it never really occurred to me to try and find a man that could keep up with me intellectually on this site, but what did occur to me, was that I would meet awesome people who are intelligent, well spoken, educated, (whether self taught or schooled), witty and socially aware. I have hit the mother load there!!! This site helps me hold on to the fact that there are growing numbers of people just like me out there and I am not alone!! Rational, kind, and well spoken non-believers! I LOVE yall people....!!! (no but really, I do! That's a facetious southern accent btw and yeah, I am a southern girl and lovin there are so many talking atheists on this site!!!)
Now that being said....it can be a lonely life. But I just can't, and won't settle. You feel me?

Views: 1781

Replies to This Discussion

yep
Hmm, have you checked activity levels?  If it's at all like Match.com, most of those people aren't even paying attention to their account.
i dont know; its starting to get weird if i do all that for her.  i just wanted to show that internet dating isn't useless even if you're not in a big city.  if you were right about her already checking those sites, i don't want to do a whole bunch of searches for her.
It's just that from what I've heard, she's tried all of that, with the results we've heard about in this message thread and others.  I don't think it's as simple as you describe.
Awww...you guys are sooooo sweet!!  Trying to hook a girl up!!!  I have actually tried okcupid and met some really cool people.  Problem is the ones I really liked live about 100 miles away, and that is hard to manage!!  I have made some awesome new friends though.  I'm still on that site.  I will keep you posted....but don't hold your breath....  :)  maybe I just date you guys?????  ;)  What do you think John and Joe??  lol  Or yall can be my "alter boys"??? hehehe

I was an altar boy, back when I was stuck going to mass on a weekly basis.  I was an atheist, even back then, but it made mass go by a little quicker, having something to do besides the Catholic calisthenics.  "Please kneel; please stand; please be seated; let us pray."

Fortunately, I never had any priestly ... extracurricular encounters, because I was an ugly child.

Hi Kelly and others,

Yep I've been celibate for nearly ten years now. The bible belt covers where I live pretty well too! I cannot handle even a few seconds of Jesus. My daughter would be very confused if I had any relationship with a believer. We do have non-christians her tho, they are "spiritualists" who eat whole foods and use homoepathic medicines and acupuncture. I think they are worse than the Xians! Most are well educated and have no excuse for doing stupid shit like this.

What a coincident, I am an atheist Priest!
I feel ya :)  Been thinking about starting an atheist commune for us nuns.  Is that a contradiction?  Anyone want to join me?  :D
Just tell me where and when ;)

But, we are all so far apart;)

Lets make our commune somewhere cool like......??  Suggestions???  Why couldn't we start a commune?  How awesome would that be?  People living together but no dogma or craziness...just sane rational behavior and intelligent conversation....sounds perfect to me....maybe then we wouldn't have trouble finding suitable partners if we were all in such close proximity!!!  Damn...I'm so ready to move out of the "Buy-Bull" Belt....  ;)

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service