Hi everyone,

Not to sound too conceited or anything, but my problem isn't necessarily finding dates/men.. but actually finding men who are not scared of my intelligence! Just being an atheist means you are dramatically more intelligent than the average joe. I would argue that this is mostly  because of all the careful study and research a lot of us do to finally come to that conclusion. Also, being an atheist means that you have the intellectual capacity to realize that the universe wasn't made for just you. Wow! That seems to take an extreme amount of reason...

I am 23, but I still feel the overwhelming pressures of sexism ... to let the man wear the pants. I was in a great relationship from 19-21 where it was completely egalitarian and respecting. However, the ones since then, and it seems those types that I am attracted to, are very intimidated by me being an intelligent/educated woman. It's the whole, "barefoot, pregnant, and in the kitchen" mentality it seems. I don't see gender roles as evil, but I do see it as evil when men basically want you to be their slave..... :(. ugh. 

Anyways, I've finally come to the conclusion that I need to meet people who are more on my wave length. Fellow humanists/atheists it would appear. My last relationship was a quick one, with an ex-jehovah's witness! Oh man, the mental scarring that man faced was just downright sad. Anyway, that didn't work out mainly because of how nutty that JW cult is! Since that, I have realized I must not settle for a "glazed eyed" drug addict. And by the word drug I mean religion. However, a lot of the atheist men I do meet bore me to death or are extremely socially awkward. Why is that? 

Anyway, does anyone face the same problem as me?

Views: 760

Replies to This Discussion

Minority of minorities I hear you on that one BLK-Sagan. I don't want kids and I don't want to date a woman with kids so I'm having a hell of a time here in good ol' Indiana. Being a black atheist who doesn't want to have kids pretty much makes me the worse person to date for most women in my age group!

Just to address your question... if you want to find "an atheist man that you can connect with", it would help greatly if you are willing to be flexible on other things - such as location.  

Being willing to consider a relationship that may start out as long distance, tends to increase your chances by several thousand percent.  Think about it.

I have found (at least in the NW area of the US) that there are really quite a lot of people who may call themselves Christians, but who are, in fact, nearly as non-religious as most atheists.  Quite honestly, as long as she behaves rationally, respects my views and has no problem with my lack of belief, I have no problem with her calling herself anything she likes. Names are less important than actions.

So one mustn't judge a book by it's cover. Give people the benefit of the doubt.

We would end up with 500 or 600 groups, most containing one or two people, if we did that, Shawn.  That would kind of defeat the purpose of a singles group.
ha you could be the male version of me.

Which means if I am searching for someone with similar interest they're most likely going to be Caucasian.

Sad but true. I have been in a club/ at events of hundredsof people and Im the only minority face there!! Hmm me wonders if its because of the whole goth/alternative thing. :D OH WELL
please stop arguing about your situation is worse than others because mine is the worst!(an atheist in a small city in Iran who can't even put his pic in his profile for his safety. no one can compete with me! ) ;)
so what should we do ? i think we must extend the geographical boundaries of or dating , perhaps we can make it international i am the first volunteer ;) .
LOL! Okay you win, this imaginary competition. Are you serious, if so then your condition is a post in itself. My situation is bad because I live in San Diego where, there should be no reason to be single, unless brains actually matter to you then you're kinda screwed.
Yeah... you win. Hands down...

You need to move, dude... seriously...
Id like to talk to you OA. I'm curious as to the situation over there and would like a pesonal inside take on the matter. I only trust what I see on the news so much you know?
it s my pleasure. ask me everything you wanna know
well, I guess to start... is it realy as bad as it seems to be over there? what is the mindset of most Iranians? Is it fear or anger or pride? I don't know... it seems like an extaordanary situation. i know that everyone is different, but from an 'american' perspective it just seems horrible.
However i didn't understand you asked exactly about which aspects.
First of all always and every where the situation can worse!! but always people can adapt themselves to such a degree too!
fear anger or pride about what? about being Iranian? if yes i think for most people it s a mixture of them and somethings more.
the main problem here is a religious fundamentalist regime .however most people are religious but most of Iranian hate it.in religious people some of them are secular some of them think that real islam is a better thing and ...
if you ask more specific i can answer better. however i think here is not a good place for this topic (here is about dating and ...)maybe we can talk somewhere else if you want.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service