Laveyan Satanism, if someone told you they were whats your first impression?

tltle says it all, i decided to put the subject here because in todays world first impressions can be a deal breaker and people now seem to come to conclussions way too quickly for there own good, it seems to many people don't take the time and simply don't have the interest to ask "yah? well is it what it sounds like? what do they believe? so why is it called? well whats this about than? so if your a part of a atheistic religion (religion i mean as in way of life) group etc that for some reason or another is not understood well even in the atheist community put what it is and what it's about or if your interested in other peoples way of life and mind set please reply and add to this discussion

me personally im an Laveyan Athesist and im hoping none of you all got any wrong opinions of us due to some retard just looking to be called a satanist and if you do have a wrong oppression than i guess thats what im here for in this case

Views: 946

Replies to This Discussion

now Joseph P, you have my sympathy with having that conversation with that idiot but laveyan satanism in reality is what iv said it is and the bottom line is it really is atheism with no moral values for moral sake, it doesn't have anything else attached to it, no secret teachings for those who learn the basics, none of that if you want to i would continue to help your understanding of laveyan satanism but the conversation you had with the one guy is an unfactual influence in you opinion, i think he could have been labelling himself a laveyan satanist for its dark image (usually those who concern themselve with following rules and "trying" to be laveyan are really in it for the image)

i only have time to glance at your response as my internet is messed up and im currently in the process of fixing it, i will get back to this reply though and anser every question oh and there view on magic is more accuratly psychological manipulation ill explain when i have the time and joseph im the type of guy who usually finds the negative things in whatever im looking at and think on those the most so for me im deffinently not ignoring any bad things. lol and the guy you were talking about i don't know what his problem is he might be in it for the image as alot of people try to do and later "grow out" of the phase kinda like the kids who listen to death metal simply to look tough or to piss off there parents and the 8 beliefs he might be one of those people who looks at statements in the philosphy as laws rather than advice which now that i think of it is common in those who do it for the image because having rules kinda tells them how to act to gain and maintain an image ANYWAY like i said i will get back with the both of you once my internet is fixed

eh this is why i really don't like those who say they are a religion when they are not anyway yes i do understand you and actually i do agree the theatrics the religion seems to love radiating can be viewed as childish but it also serves as several practical advantages, 1. anyone who upheld morals for moral sake and/or those who tend to follow the crowd for whatever reason would go no where near this religion so just its name and logo (pentagram) alone sustains this persona as being childish, 2. it was a great way for the religion to spread hell back when it was growing it was something to talk about, 3. it also id say made great use of it mascot (satan) which has served as a great example symbolically of what it ment to live by your own wants rather than anyone else this can be seen when they talk about "carnal desire" although i myself don't see carnal desires as such a big deal as its just physiologically positive stimulation but i do recognize it as stimulation one can live for if he/she chooses. cont....
3. it serves GREAT as a psychological tool one one decides to do rituals (keep in mind rituals is just anything someone can do to manipulate there psychological state for whatever reason they want to laveyan satanist DO NOT believe in metaphysics in anyway). you said "Adhering to the philosophies of a writer like Anton LaVey is just one step removed from religion." that depends on what definition your using

"I do not understand the need for this structure, the titles, or the bizarre imagery." well simply some people seem to like to have a structural hierarchy to follow so this is pretty much the only reason its around and again the bizarre imagery is there for the same reason iv said above about it appearing childish
"I also find that this philosophy only serves to degrade the general populations of atheists in the minds of theists.  The theists fear atheists enough as it is, and many think that we are victims/worshipers of their devil.  While this is certainly not true, baiting them with the use of the Satanic images does little to quell their fears." lol that sucks lol but they will believe what they will believe and usually the average laveyan is not really interested with slowing down there fears in reality, like me, many of us just couldn't care less that we scare them so yah if you've had any conflicts due to our theatrics hopefully it helps to know that dumping conflicts on atheists was not an intention

the only statement i see that supports the use of revenge is "Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek!" which if one wants to seek revenge than thats there wish i don't see anything wrong with harming those who harmed you....... cont.
and because the religion is more than anything about the individual being an individual the rules are just red flags for the laveyan to keep in mind so he doesn't do anything that can bring harm to himself like example "3. When in another’s lair, show him respect or else do not go there." if i hated someone and wanted revenge i could go to his "lair" and piss on his bed and if im wise id heed the 3rd "rule" and take extreme caution because if i were to get caught i could end up in a very harmful situation. and ritual is just anyway one can manipulate himself or someone else psychologically

I am not sure why you need some sort of doctrine to guide you away from pissing in another's bed.

The whole part about people who are moral for moral's sake, or who follow the crowd (I assume that these are meant to be negative qualities) does not make sense to me.

First of all, I cannot comprehend WHY simply not being a douchebag would be viewed as a negative by anybody.

Secondly, the average atheist is not following a crowd.  They are not even following a leader.  It is the LaVeyan Satanists who have formed a crowd with a leader, so it is there where one would expect to find the sheep, albeit ones with black fleece.

The whole Satanic concept that you are your own god, somehow special and awesome and in control is absurd.  Atheism is humbling.  We are nothing - just a speck of stardust amidst an infinite sky of stars.  We are ruled by the laws of nature.  Sure, I am my own master in that I can choose to have pork for dinner, what to wear, and how to treat my body.  I cannot choose to surpass the laws of nature. 

"I am not sure why you need some sort of doctrine to guide you away from pissing in another's bed." it was an example explaining that although they are called "rules" they are really just pieces of advice

"The whole part about people who are moral for moral's sake, or who follow the crowd (I assume that these are meant to be negative qualities) does not make sense to me." you really should'nt assume things, if having morals for morals sake benefits you than thats good for you but i personally have the belief that the most satisfying way to live your life is to use logical reasoning and your body as tools to allow you to do what you want on an emotional bases

"First of all, I cannot comprehend WHY simply not being a douchebag would be viewed as a negative by anybody." im not in anyway arguing that not being a douch is negative or positive thing but it is highly dependant on that persons perspective on what a douchbag personality is in other words you see people and traits one way and i see them another way
"Secondly, the average atheist is not following a crowd.  They are not even following a leader." this i highly disagree with, ALOT of people regardless of not believing in a god follows one trend or another

"It is the LaVeyan Satanists who have formed a crowd with a leader, so it is there where one would expect to find the sheep, albeit ones with black fleece." those who follow a hierarchy do so at there individual will, it isn't a laveyan thing its a human thing to want to be in a structured organization, religion, hierarchy, nation etc
"The whole Satanic concept that you are your own god, somehow special and awesome and in control is absurd.  Atheism is humbling.  We are nothing - just a speck of stardust amidst an infinite sky of stars.  We are ruled by the laws of nature.  Sure, I am my own master in that I can choose to have pork for dinner, what to wear, and how to treat my body.  I cannot choose to surpass the laws of nature. "

when laveyans say "we are our own god" it is not literal , it simply means that we recognize ourselves as the most important person, the most important extistant, in the universe, everything we do is to better ourselves one way or another and again we do not believe in metaphysics of any kind so we know we don't have powers. we recognize ourselves as a human being nothing more nothing less but we don't need to be all powerful to see ourselves as the most important person in the universe

This reminds me a little of Dungeons and Dragons. Sort of fantasy role play with the common goal of the game being the "eye for an eye thing?"

lol um sure if that works for you why not lol do you know any misunderstood or uncommon atheistic philosophys you'd like to share as it seems people are way to interested in laveyan satanism for this discussions own good

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

MJ

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service