Singles Group Makes History with First 'Cougar Cruise.'

According to the article, the problem is not an overabundance of cougars on the prowl, but way more 'cubs' than cougars signing up for the cruise.

Seriously? Bonus for me! Although I wouldn't have predicted that one.

Any guys here who can shed light on this dynamic for me? Not that I mind in the slightest being 42 myself, watching teen angst TV series and wondering if I'm a perv for drooling over the hunky actor who is more like adoption age for me. But I didn't know we were that in demand. Curious to know what the appeal is.

Attempting to put myself in the guys' shoes, I personally I really can't stand the 40-50 something woman who is trying so hard to appeal to a younger base that her caked on makeup, bad dye job, and South Beach Hooker outfit ends up making her look even older than she is.

Or is it the allure of experience that attracts the Ashtons to the Demis? Perhaps because guys supposedly hit their sexual peak (whatever that is) around 18 while women hit theirs around 40.

Is it the general wisdom and groundedness that comes with a battle scar or three in the game of life? Is it the ones who don't 'need a man,' secure with ourselves?

Is it guys looking for affairs rather than full-on relationships? I know a lot of younger women are still under great pressure to marry while we of the generation ahead of them have been there, done that, or have just plain gotten over that need.

As for myself, I almost never wear makeup and have never really obsessed over looking younger than I am. Then again, I sort of hit the DNA jackpot on that one. Our family tends to get carded well into our 30s and 40s. I wear jeans and t-shirts because they're comfortable, not to try and look 'teen.' I relate to whomever I relate to, and yes, anymore those whom I relate to are often much younger than I am. But I really don't feel like a 'cougar on the prowl.' It just kind of happens.

So how about it folks? Anyone have a spotlight to shine on this?

Views: 31

Replies to This Discussion

According to the U.S. Census Bureau, for every 100 single women in their 20s in America, there are 118 single men in their 20s.

Aha! Societal adjustment, that's why! Nature always finds unexpected ways to restore equilibrium ;-)
Hmm, interesting. I've actually had older women flirt with me before, and I didn't really mind. Though I don't think I'd be looking for a long term relationship with and older woman.
That's what I wonder too Tyler. Especially at 42 now, I'm looking at guys and thinking, "What happens when one of us is 70 and the other is 50?"

For closer age ranges, say 7-10 years, it could possibly work out depending again on who got what out of the DNA pool. I know a couple where she is I think about 62 and he is 10 years younger than her, but you'd swear they are the same age (both easily pass for 45-50, in looks, activity and personality).
I'm a cougar. *sigh* I can't say I "knowingly" made this choice; maybe it's my ever expanding immaturity. :-)
I had no idea until I read your thoughts on it: A battle scar or three is good. It's likely due to my being mostly in a military town during the hours of the day when I'd likely be able to meet someone, but most of the females of the age I'm after around me most of the time are personalitiless, hollow bimboes. Even the ones that are enough of thinkers that I could have enough respect for them to get close to them (both ways / either way) tend here to have eschewed competence in conversation skills for indexery of how to look fuckable and to act mostly like a RealDoll capable of giving a handjob. A cougar wouldn't be so bad, what with the experience in life to know what's real and what's not and be able to perpetrate conversations and all. Though, if I could find that in a female my age, I'd go for the young one.
...personalitiless, hollow bimboes. ... tend here to have eschewed competence in conversation skills for indexery of how to look fuckable and to act mostly like a RealDoll capable of giving a handjob.

Well, I was trying to sugar-coat it more than that, but that's one of the elements I wonder about.

Then again, there is no shortage whatsoever in my age range of personalitiless, hollow bimbos who couldn't identify the three branches of government but can go on for hours about how to look fuckable.

And I've met guys half my age far more capable of holding an intelligent conversation than many of the ones in my graduating class.

I guess personality knows no age boundaries. Too bad if the right people meet a generation apart we can't take some magic Matrix pill that will make us the same age in our golden years.

;-)
Ha. Interestingly, I have a few friends who are with women easily ten years there senior and I know 've been attracted to women atleast that much older than me. I've even been propositioned by women who are about 40 and I seriously considered...
OK this is an interesting question that I have gotten a number of times. I tend to date at least 10 years my senior. I have found that when doing this I dont have to deal with that crap and all the mind games that I do when I date my own age. The older females tend to be more direct and dont feel the need to play games and frankly that just makes the awkwardness of dating vanish. As for the long term aspect I am fairly upfront about it being more about having fun and enjoying each others company as I'm not all about the long term.
"I dont have to deal with that crap and all the mind games that I do when I date my own age. The older females tend to be more direct and dont feel the need to play games and frankly that just makes the awkwardness of dating vanish." - Dustin Canterbury

THIS. I would weight age at maybe 20% of the equation (still helps to have similarly aged friends, interests, physical capability etc) but one of the primary (if not THE primary) factors which would attract me to a woman is the ability to say what she thinks, and not mess with my head. Personal hygeine would rate pretty highly too, but I guess that's something of a given :P
I gotta say, I too find I relate to the younger guys a lot. And I'm really and truly not a product of our you-must-retain-your-youthful-looks culture. Actually, I attribute not caking on the makeup all my life with helping to keep my skin less wrinkly. That and avoiding tobacco at all costs. And sunscreen.

I can't remember the last time I wore a dress, my wardrobe is primarily t-shirts and cargo pants (not the fashonistia kind, but the actual climb-on-the-roof-and-work kind). I see maybe one or two chick flicks a year but am there for most of the brainless action and scifi mega-FX movies. Would way rather listen to a heavy metal station and will gag on the easy listening. Would rather play frisbee with the guys than sip wine and cheese with the ladies.

So yeah, I'm not exactly the stereotypical 42 year old single lady at the pub!

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service