I am already struggling trying to put myself back out there, and now that I am in my 30's and am trying to date in that age range- I find that everyone is ready to have babies. I don't want to bear children. In the area I live in it is hard enough to find someone who will accept my atheism (and rare to find a fellow non-theist) and when I throw in the "maybe I would like to adopt older children some day- I don't want to bear my own"... I may have as well announced that I have a highly contagious communicable disease. Am I being unrealistic? Do I need to just give in and date men with children? Why does this all suck so bad?

Views: 2265

Replies to This Discussion

That's because most atheists here still are dealing with the masses of teachings from their former religion, whose first mantra is go forth and procreate. So many atheists keep their religious values and only throw out the god part... that is not a true atheist. In the animal kingdom at large, very few species attain the levels of fertility achieved technologically by Homo sapiens. Our obsession with self reproduction is obscene!

You're certainly not alone.I can't even count the number of times people have looked at me in complete shock when I say I don't want kids. 

I don't want kids either.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

Luara replied to Joe's discussion S.E. Cupp: I’m a ‘Better’ Atheist than Bill Maher in the group Atheist News
8 minutes ago
Sentient Biped replied to Joan Denoo's discussion Here are the highlights of Justice Ginsburg’s fiery Hobby Lobby dissent
25 minutes ago
Loren Miller replied to Joan Denoo's discussion Here are the highlights of Justice Ginsburg’s fiery Hobby Lobby dissent
28 minutes ago
Sentient Biped replied to Joan Denoo's discussion Here are the highlights of Justice Ginsburg’s fiery Hobby Lobby dissent
39 minutes ago
Luara replied to Sentient Biped's discussion More than 30,000 Nexus members. Where are they?
45 minutes ago
Loren Miller replied to Joan Denoo's discussion Here are the highlights of Justice Ginsburg’s fiery Hobby Lobby dissent
50 minutes ago
51 minutes ago
Luara added a discussion to the group Mathematics
52 minutes ago
Sentient Biped replied to Joan Denoo's discussion ‘There are no wild cows’: Neil deGrasse Tyson slams ‘fear factor’ over GMOs
58 minutes ago
1 hour ago
Patricia replied to Sentient Biped's discussion More than 30,000 Nexus members. Where are they?
1 hour ago
Patricia replied to Sentient Biped's discussion More than 30,000 Nexus members. Where are they?
1 hour ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service