I was reading some of the other discussion topics but I was surprised I didn't see this already addressed. So my question is, what are your deal breakers? 

I have more than a few but some things are negotiable. However there are some absolute deal breakers. 

3. More than one small child. I'm not even sure I can handle one but I know more than one is too much obligation.

2. Neediness (is that a word?). This is usually tied into insecurity on their part. I shouldn't feel obligated to tell him he's a pretty princess everyday.

And number one on the charts is...

Bad Breath! How some people don't find their to the dentist regularly or (gasp) never floss, I'll never understand. 

Tags: breaker, deal, love, relationships

Views: 181

Replies to This Discussion

As for not trusting people easily. Well only if it cause's problems, does it become a issue. So then you have to ask yourself, how many times has this caused problems in my past relationships. If you see a pattern, then you have issues. LMAO Not trying to continuously disagree, but rather state my opinion.I kind of feel that no knowledge is useless, especially if it can be passed down. But I do feel that there's tons of useless information.
The trust thing didn't cause me any problems but it may have been a problem for them. I've had some men try get at me by poking around for weak spots. The only reason anyone does that is to exploit it. They might call it a trust issue but its just that I'm too smart for that.

Then I'll hear the business about me being cold or hard or trying to act like a tough girl. It's all just sum bool.
"guilty until proven innocent"? That doesn't sound very nice. How am I going to meet a girl if they all have this attitude?

As for other ethnic Jews, the some opinions say Judaism values practice more than actual belief, that is, religious Jews don't care whether you are an atheist as long as you go through the motions and pretend you believe, although they won't say it exactly that way. There are the so called humanistic Jews but even they seem unwilling to admit that god is imaginary and they may do bizarre religious-like poetry recitations (without mention of a god) as a replacement for religious services.
So what If a black guy goes through the motions, and pretends to believe or actually does believe. Is he then accepted or is this predicament most likely to not even get this far? Lol I know there's lots of Jewish and black families, but they have usually found themselves part of a Jewish subculture.
No worries Summer, I don't think I'm the rule, I may just be the exception. I am older you know, sometimes this makes for a cynical woman.
1. Kids - don't want..don't need..
2. Stupidity - I can't be dealing with an idiot...
3. Similar interests/beliefs - self explanatory
I've met some ...er less than intelligent men and I've made exceptions for them however temporarily. I think you can guess why.
Nothing dries up my Nile quicker than an idiot...
That's why I'll put my finger over their lips and tell them "Don't talk."
Its funny because I was thinking. Saying, idiots dry up my nile, although you already stated you don't like idiot's. Would mean that for some reason your nile was already flowing with a fluid, and after conversing with the idiot, it went dry.lol But that's like me saying: 1st, I hate comedy movies (idiots). 2nd, When I watch a comedy movie, although Ive already stated that I do not like them, my penis (nile) turns flaccid (dry). That would mean that I am always erect(wet) and the movie made me flaccid ( dry). LMAO That would be a funny situation. I luv forums.
I'm pretty much always up for a little fun :). My juices can get flowing if I see an attractive guy, and if we start talking, and he turns out to be REALLY stupid..bye bye wetness.

Not that hard to really grasp..but it was mostly just an expression, not to be taken literally..
Top Deal breakers for me:

#1 Critical - One of the first gals I was interested in when I re-entered the dating scene five years ago had a few sharp criticisms about this person or that, people who were our mutual friends. Deal off!

#2 Possessive - If I'm interested, I'm going to ask (or I'll accept *your* offer). If I ask/accept, I've already chosen to blow off all other interests until we see where we are at. A girl doesn't have to worry about my female friends. A little jealousy & insecurity is natural. But #1 above *also* had a bad habit of cutting in conversations/dances and possessing my time long before I ever expressed any interest. Seal the deal off! (Too bad too 'cause she was an incredible kisser! I'm sure she was a hell of a lover too. I just didn't want to find out!)

#3 Insecurity - We're all human, but if I get the sense that I am fast becoming a girls entire world...that just ain't healthy for a relationship. I want a woman who circulates well with women AND men, who enjoys my friends. I want a woman who wants to socialize. I don't "need" a woman, but I sure want one!I want a woman who doesn't need me, but still wants me. Now *that's* romance!

#4 Doesn't want to know me as a person - I enjoy heat of the moment encounters as much as the next guy, but let's face it. I'm not getting any younger. I've lived a few years, seen some very good times, and some very bad ones. I'd rather have a woman ask me some tough, embarrassing questions (privately & at an appropriate time of course) than have her accept me without question just because she's taken with me at the moment. I don't wear my heart on my sleeve, but I'm an open book with any sincere friend.

#5 A sincere believer of anything supernatural - I prefer a convinced atheist, but lets face it. Pickin's are slim enough at 41. Most of the sane ones are in their 20s or taken. And the older they get the more insecure, desparate, jaded, ultra-independent, or just plain wild they get. So I have to be a bit more open-minded in the belief department. If a gal's beliefs are more open and ambiguous I'm comfortable with that. Just don't go too deep with it. The notion of supernatural belief is as sickening to me as sitting on Santa's lap.

#6 Doesn't like to dance & refuses to try - Okay, this isn't an ABSOLUTE, but enjoy music, arts, culture, AND dance. I've gone to the trouble of taking lessons & enjoy it imensely. Please at least try. I'll *lead* for God's sake! But the one HOTT exception to #6 was also a rabid believer in ghosts, so... Two strikes in the no-fun and really weird departments.

Enough negativity, hah! :D I don't want a negative girlfriend either. I want a positive gal who wants the most out of life & is willing to get it. Someone should start a thread on Deal Makers! ;)

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service