According to my count there are 57 women and 143 men here, which means that if every gurl find a guy there would still be 86 men who would remain single!

Now let's assume that the % of gay men here is roughly equal to the population at large around 10% last time I checked...which means that 10% of 143 is 14.3 gay men...which might bring our figures down for other men down to 71.7...and we still have not factored the amount of lesbian athesits here....5.7...which is likely higher for here...so I will say a modest increase of 15% lesbians here.....I should actually raise the bar on the gay men here too, I would think...but anyway...these are not exact figures.....:)

So that brings us to 48 women seeking men here and about 129 men seeking women....which means that the gap is 81 men are out of luck...and that's of course if everyone here was compatable with each other which of course....would not be the case since we know that the div. rate in this country is 50%! Well that leaves us with only 24 women here who would actually stay in their relationship and that would mean that only 24 men would still have a relationship and the rest .... which isn't saying too much...and....*starts to cry...

But seriously why are there always a majority of men on these atheists sites? I mean are we going to have to fight over each women like in Saudi Abria? Or will there be like for every atheist women three atheist men by her side? Some sort of atheist women's polygamy? ....

I mean this must be great for the women atheists right? You have more too choose from? If one atheist man does not suite your fancy well you can always find a large pool to choose from again....I would suspect that it is even more rational for a women to be an atheist than a man! Unless you are a gay man....?

Which brings me to my point is it rational to be an atheist male if your goal is a relationship with a female? hmm...

Does not believing in something that does not exist really matter considering how it can effect one's dating and relationship life? If so should we settle down with our pet dog and live in isolation for the rest of our lives? And why am I an atheist again? God must of cursed me. Is honesty really that important folks? What social good does it really bring? Maybe I could just brainwash myself into belief again...motivation is sure there...oh but the gods of reason say no!

This of course brings up another valid question: If atheist men outnumber atheist women and women are often the ones teaching the next generation of human babies....and they are all religious...what kind of world is this going to look like: Idiocracy.

And of course there is the elephant in the room: Why would there be more male atheists than female atheists? Is the stereotype true....you all know what it is....women are more prone to feeling and emotion thus they are more prone to religion and irrationalism....men are themselves emotional but mostly rational compared to women...hence logic suggests that is why there are so few women atheists.

Does a feminist want to counter the data in some way? I'd hate for that to be the truth.....if it were I suppose marrying my dog would be my next goal....because if that is true, and all women are irrational on some other level atheist women would be just as irrational as other faith based women, therefore I'm not sure what the difference is?

Views: 86

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

physically.. probably both actually.

I don't have much going for me looks wise (in my own opinion). I'm a big girl and my face has at best average looks.
I guess i'm just happy that at least when people don't think i'm pretty, they do think i look y ounger than i am. ;)

I have been through quite some stuff in the last 10 years, and oddly enough as a result, i feel a lot better, secure and happy than i did in my twenties.
I play computer games, visit medieval fairs, and a few weekends a year i dress up in a costume and pretend i'm a wizard ;) (live action roleplay for those who know it).

I guess everything has good and bad sides.
The most blunt thing i have ever said to anybody about myself was that i really didn't care much about my body, just as long as it was healthy, as the only task it has in my eyes is to carry my brain around.
LOL! I'm with you there Pascalle. I'm no ugly duckling but I'm waaaay no supermodel either. I think self confidence really does have a lot to do with it. If you're really, really self conscious about your own looks that will project to other people. For me, it's my Terri Garr/Vicki Lawrence chin (or lack thereof).

But then years ago, working for a Home Depot and being a bicycle commuter, I'm in the break room one day bitching about the humidity and it's effect on my adult acne. One of the guys in the break room said, "Mary, the way you've been riding your bicycle everywhere this Summer and working out, when we're all standing outside watching for you to come riding into work, we ain't looking at your face."

8D

To that end though, I agree that my body is mostly here to contain my brain. I keep it reasonably healthy and reasonably in shape (which is paying off big time now as I'm currently recovering from a motorcycle wreck). If any of the guys out there are looking for a bleach blonde with D-cup implants over a 12-year-old-boy physique, look elsewhere. If you're looking for a woman who is shaped like a real woman and doesn't feel the need to wear a latex clown costume mask 600 pounds of makeup everywhere, let's talk.
Wow Larry - that's almost a whole new thread right there!

Speaking for myself, being alone is indeed quite lonely at times. Most any doctor/psychologist will agree that a healthy sex life is very good for you, as is a healthy love-relationship. So yeah, it sucks some days going to bed alone, or having exciting news and no boyfriend to share it with, or needing a shoulder to lean on and not having one there.

But on the flip side I am eternally grateful for not falling into the trap so many women do that I'm truly incomplete without a man ... to the point that I have to settle for less. I'd rather be alone with my standards and principles than married to an asshole. Better to be the crazy cat lady* than the miserable housewife.

*Hey, I've only got 3 cats and I treat them more like dogs than cats. I'm not quite at crazy cat lady status. Yet. :-P
Someone mentioned proximity earlier. I think I have a slightly bigger issue than most of you. Firstly, I'm a Canadian currently living in Melbourne Australia. From my reading of the comments, it seems like mostly everyone here is American, just a bit too far to make a connection. Secondly, my visa expires in about 5 months, do I try to look for someone now, only to have to leave them pretty soon? (not that there's a guarantee that I would end having a relationship just by virtue of looking)
I think the OkCupid link is a good idea, so I'll post mine as well.
http://www.okcupid.com/profile/JoelWB/
I'm not game to post a link to my actual Okcupid profile (I've been more candid there than I might usually be since I've kept it completely separate from all other sites I use), but I can *highly* recommend the site - I've spent a ridiculous amount of time there the past 4 days! It's incredible how many like-minded people you can find close by, regardless of whether you're looking for a significant other or just some mates to hang out with.

I'm a fan now :) (First heard about it on the Chariots of Iron podcast)
let's fight to the death
Too funny...
Well I consider myself to be a feminist, but no... I can't really counter that. There do seem to be many more males on this site. Which is kind of fun-- I feel like I'm being included in a group I normally don't belong in, and of course there is more to choose from, which is also a little inconvenient at times... as I've noticed a tendency for men, particularly on this site... to be a little over-eager. I enjoy talking to other people and flirting, but I also enjoy being single.

I will say though, that the differences between the sexes are exaggerated and compounded by the fact that we all seem to conform to social ideas. I think women do have more of a natural tendency towards it, but it can't help that freethinking women are not the norm in many places... It's tragic. Although if there were more atheist ladies, I wouldn't be such a gem, now would I? :P

I have been EXCEPTIONALLY fortunate in female agnostic/atheist friends. You may be surprised at the closet heathens in the world! Though most of mine are in relationships. I just barely got into a D&D group with 3 couples, lol.
D&D group? I have no idea of what that is. "Dungens and Dragons"? Hmm, I guess not. Anyways, I JUST joint this group, and saw this message about the "unbalance". Oh, maybe I came to the wrong place. Lol...
Yeah, Dungeons and Dragons. I really dislike it, but my sister convinced me to try again. I play a transvestite bisexual half-elf bard, so that's fun.
I don't have any answers, lol. But I feel your pain. Although I do feel as if Atheist women are less likely to be activist. So your more likely to find an abundance of male Atheist within anti-theist domains.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

MJ

Latest Activity

Warren Jappe posted a video

It's good to be anti-Islam

...but not anti-Muslim. Christians burned alive, beheaded, crucified and tortured to death http://endoftheamericandream.com/archives/christians-are-being-bur...
16 minutes ago
Pat replied to Raj's discussion Bible: all laws must be obeyed
19 minutes ago
Pat replied to Polaroidxxx's discussion Atheist Confetti
27 minutes ago
John Jubinsky added a discussion to the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
1 hour ago
sk8eycat replied to Steph S.'s discussion Noah movie religious controversy
1 hour ago
Sentient Biped replied to Raj's discussion Bible: all laws must be obeyed
2 hours ago
Loren Miller replied to Polaroidxxx's discussion Atheist Confetti
2 hours ago
Steve Shives posted a video

Chapters Eleven and Twelve - An Atheist Reads Simply Christian

The examination of N.T. Wright's Simply Christian continues with a look at Chapter Eleven: Worship, and Chapter Twelve: Prayer.
3 hours ago
booklover replied to James M. Martin's discussion World Wrestling's Steve Austin on Why Same Sex Couples Should be Allowed to Marry
3 hours ago
Michael Penn replied to James M. Martin's discussion World Wrestling's Steve Austin on Why Same Sex Couples Should be Allowed to Marry
3 hours ago
booklover replied to Steph S.'s discussion Noah movie religious controversy
3 hours ago
booklover replied to Ruth Anthony-Gardner's discussion Triclosan grows breast cancer in the group Cancer
3 hours ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service