Introduce yourself with a little pertinent info and maybe a recent photo.

Views: 2661

Replies to This Discussion

Wow, I've been to meetups with you and I didn't know that about you. Especially the microbiology part. Very cool.
well we have never actually sat down and talked to one another I do not believe. There are just too many people sometimes and you cannot get around to talking to everyone!
True, it gets pretty hectic some nights.
Hello Heather! I am a human being in Kansas City and have lived here most of my life, but in phases (not born here). Technologist for the last 20 years, mostly in telecom and data network infrastructure; prior to that a researcher and statistical analyst (social data), professional musician and teacher, retail manager, remodeling and restoration, and landscaping. I have been in college off and on since 1976 at various schools and am a natural researcher, which explains why I have never finished a degree, but have enough credits for two BAs and a master's. I have at one time or another majored in classical languages, history (emphasis on technology and philosophy, American civil war and classical/medieval), sociology/anthropology, and have studied geology, Russian, medieval French, Middle East archeology, and other stuff. I absolutely love encountering intelligent people, like the ones in this group!
Hello My name is Jason. I'm 32 and Just discovered this site thanks to skeptic magazine. I'm excited about meeting more freethinkers. I live in pensacola FL in the heart of the bible belt so it's difficult to connect with anyone thats not a bible thumper. I travel as often as I possibly can to get tattooed I'm an art nut that prefers to keep it with me at all times. I'm basically happy with life i don't feel the need to be in a relationship but if it happens thats great. I just cant deal with those who believe in fairy tales anymore. life is to short to continue that. sorry about the huge picture

Hello! My name is micheal, im 18 live in a small town in oklahoma.

Hello to everyone here! I'm Brent, a single, never-married guy in St. Louis - yes, home of the Cardinals, Rams and (especially for me) BLUES! I'll be turning 50 on Sept. 11 (yeah, I know, heck of a day to have a birthday these days) and have a BA in journalism. I've worked in the newspaper biz in southeastern Missouri, both Carolinas and in east-central Illinois as well as the Suburban Journals in St. Clair County on the Illinois side. Most recently, I worked three-and-a-half years at a club on the Illinois side.

Have a wide variety of interests - alternative and community media, volunteering in the community (I do volunteer stuff with a local community radio station here in the STL), politics (I consider myself a progressive with a bit of a libertarian streak), current affairs and sport (especially hockey, soccer, Canadian football and Australian Rules football - huge, huge fan of both the Canadian Football League and Australian Football League).

What am I looking for? Someone who's fun, smart, witty and has had it with skydaddies. Someone who knows what's really going on in the world. Don't care where you are - I'm about as friendly as anyone out there. Talk to me, get to know me - you just may like what you see and hear.
Attachments:
45-year-old, female, single mom for 15 years to three kids in their late teens. Vegetarian (pretty much) health foodie into rock music new and old. Born in Philadelphia (of 100% Italian descent), raised in south Jersey and now living in Scottsdale, Arizona. Non-smoking, physically fit, not into drugs/drinking. Former "new ager", (there was a very strong attempt which miserably failed for me to be) raised Catholic for my first 18 years followed by approximately 25 years of new age craziness before logic won out over wishful thinking and delusion. Full-on Atheist for 3 years and counting!

I'd like to meet a man who is my age, also pretty much vegetarian and who's into music and comedy and who's still hot. (I'm quite shallow. I *do* live in Snottsdale you know.) I've tried to compromise dating out-of-shape guys, smokers, religious people, heavy meat eaters, lovers of classical & jazz music, guys who aren't into music (they just find it weird when I head out with my kids to see The Who or Fall Out Boy or Cute is What We Aim For) younger guys, and older guys. I found I've been happier alone but am throwing out this feeler in case there's a kindred spirit in the southwest.
Photo1102G.jpg
Hmm, so I lose on the age, distance, and hot requirements. I'm in decent shape; I'm just definitely not hot.
Oh yea, that reminds me, I've done the long-distance thing too--a few times. And good call on the "hot" thing. I meant it tongue in cheek--probably not a good thing to do online. Hot is in the eye of the beholder and I took a look at your pictures and you're not what I would call hot but you are really cute! So I'll append my post to say "decent shape and cute and/or hot". I'm looking for someone at least 40 years old and so many guys my age have really let themselves go and a life of overeating, overworking, drinking, smoking, generally not taking care of themselves and, most importantly, not being happy in life and it really shows by the time you hit middle age.
Yeah, I hear you there. I should still be in good shape in my 40's ... by which time you'll be in your 50's. Heh. Funny how the gap doesn't get any smaller, over time. The only drug I abuse is caffeine, and I'm a vegetarian, so hopefully I'll keep tolerably well. Just off by a decade, in our particular case.

Doing something long distance is a bugger, though, unless someone is planning on moving in the near future. I dunno, the whole moving-2,000-miles-for-your-first-date thing has got to be a bit iffy. The pressure to make things work, even if you've been talking to someone online for 6 months ... and then what happens if you get together with someone in person, and there's just nothing?

I've had people locally that I've met online. We'll look good on paper, enjoy talking on the phone ... then we get together in person, and just nada. Zero chemistry.
We'll look good on paper, enjoy talking on the phone ... then we get together in person, and just nada. Zero chemistry.

That's why I've avoided online dating. I hear the success stories, but then the cynic in me speaks up.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service