Introduce yourself with a little pertinent info and maybe a recent photo.

Views: 2818

Replies to This Discussion

Hi im a Kiwi 48 years old enjoy nature and getting out amongst it all when ever possible .Im single but have two sons both in their twentys .Im here mostly just to enjoy some fun and company of other atheists, not expecting any relationship because ..... well mostly because im just far to damn crazy, and totally mad females are kinda rare and really hard creatures to find .Its not that im against relationships at all, because to be quite honest im just damn sick to death of all those low blow sheep jokes those Aussies neighbours of ours keep nailing us single kiwi blokes with.It can get really embarrassing at times i tell ya, even though ive pointed out atleast our kiwi sheep dont happen to have any chlamydia like the Australian koala bear do.Personally i think the way Aussies give us a hard time about sheep is maybe just their way of showing sure sign of having a slight inferiority complex , but look its not really a single kiwi blokes fault those blinking "Mighty All Blacks" of ours keep beating their team at rugby now is it.

Anyway there you go thats a little about crazy me, and ive really enjoyed reading a little about everyone else here and here`s hoping none of you stay single for too long, or you`ll maybe be in very grave danger of ending up just as damn crazy as me.So theres a real warning thats really well worth being a bit wary of.

What worrys and confuses me a little about life today though in the world of younger folks , is i find it hard to understand how lovely ladies like Heather find themselves single.

All the best wishes to everyone !
I'm Jezzy. Not really sure I'd call myself "looking", but I really like the discussions, so hopefully that's okay...
Plus I ruined the 666 members for y'all. :P
Hi, I'm Cane. I am a 44 year old man looking for an Atheist woman who loves Science as much as I do. I'm a chubby but cute nerd looking for the same. Have a good day!!!
Hey everyone. I'm Jessica from Los Angeles. I am very excited about this website. Just recently, I came to the realization that I am in fact an atheist. Ive always been a truthseeker though and I was never afraid to question religion. Now that I understand myself better, I am ready to meet some of ya'll. Race is not an issue because I am an equal opportunity date, but I would be interested in meeting a black atheist. I guess I still question whether they actually exist.

I went to the baptist church for a while, then I went the muslim route and finally a little scientology. Haven't been able to shake the scientologists yet. Damn, they never give up. But, I did give religion a try and it wasn't for me. So, here I am.

I have never been married and I don't have children. I never knew why exactly but I think my progressive thinking was a big part of the problem. Do atheists get married? If so, who does the ceremony? I have so many questions. I've never been the traditional type but I do want to have a baby one day. I am very interested in seeing what a person can become without all that religious madness being pumped in to him.

Anyway, I'm not going to write a book. Holla at ur girl. :)
Atheists totally get married. My mother and stepfather have been atheists since before they met each other. Who does the ceremony isn't important as long as it means something to you. The more important things to me would be things like who I invited, how big the ceremony was, etc. But of course it's not a necessity in this day and age. It just makes your coupling a legal matter, which has its benefits. Since you're a new atheist, I'd like to be among the first to say, welcome to the fold. It can be hard at first, because it's a new and different perspective to have, and because it takes a while to deprogram yourself from all that religious indoctrination, but I think you'll find it to be enlightening as well as quite freeing. Most of the questions you have can be answered if you look hard enough, and if not there are plenty of fellow atheists willing to discuss the matter in a rational and intellectual way. It's a really great community. =)
This is why I'm trying to make new friends because I wouldn't have anyone to invite besides my mom who is totally cool. She agrees with me a lot but she cant bring herself to say that there is no God. She still has a lot of fear but I'm working on her.

If I were to get married, I know now that he has to be atheist and I know I don't want a preacher within 40 miles of the ceremony. lol. Ur right, tho, it's not necessary. I have been doing just fine without it.

Thanx for the welcome and I am definitely looking forward to learning a lot from you guys. :)

Peace
Jessica
Another great thing to do would be to go on meetup.com and look for atheist groups in your area. I did that when I got to Omaha, because an atheist Democrat in the military can count very few military people as true friends. Oh, the arguments I've had...
Thanx Scott. I will check it out.
I am a black atheist, in the glorious Bible Belt (of all places). Welcome, welcome! Trust me, we exist. There's the BlackFreethought group here, and there's also the Black Atheists group on Facebook that I'm apart of.
Nice to meet ya. :)
You do exist!
I know it's shocking isn't it! Tada!

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service