Introduce yourself with a little pertinent info and maybe a recent photo.

Views: 2728

Replies to This Discussion

Hi, my name is Will. Im new here on Atheist Nexus, although Ive been an active, outspoken (too much so, according to some) atheist for many years. Just 'escaped' a long-term relationship with a mormon, and being an atheist constantly stuck around such a close-minded group of people was hard, to say the least! Im a plumber/pipefitter, and in my spare time I enjoy fishing, diving, hiking, ocean kayaking and drinking beer, and way too many other things to list. Ive never been married, and have no children, and I don't plan to.
I am 23, in Colorado. I grew up in the country, but now live in Denver. I am a graphic designer just out of college. Right now I work as the designer for a small software company. All of the atheist women I know are married or in serious relationships...
That is all.
Hi, I'm Greg. I'm 24 and live in Columbia, Missouri. I just graduated from the University of Missouri with a B.A. in English with an emphasis in Creative Writing, and am currently trying to figure out just what to do with that... grad school, methinks. I'm relatively new to Atheist Nexus, but I've been an atheist for several years now, to the chagrin (but tolerance) of my Episcopalian parents (we even joke about it sometimes now). My interests are varied and diverse. I like to call myself a jack of all trades (and master of none...), but I am especially drawn to the "nerdy" pastimes, such as gaming, roleplaying, reading, watching science fiction, writing, and film scores and fine art music (classical and jazz). I'm also highly interested in personality typology. I'm an INFP in the Myers-Briggs system, an Enneagram 4w5 sx/sp, and Dr. Elaine Aron would classify me as a Highly Sensitive Person.
Attachments:
Actually, I've seen a few posts here from in/near Atlanta. And certainly more East Coast than West. But welcome Kole! I can relate to learning creative/fun skills which rarely translate into paid work.

;-)
Hi my name is Tripp. While I am not really single per se I am interested in meeting women who are atheist. My interests are in science, philosophy, and technology. I also enjoy art and music. I am what some might call a minimalist although I think that my lifestyle is far more extravagent than 1/3 of the world population whom live in poverty.

Currently I live in south Texas where I work at a nuclear facility. It's not a career for me only one in a string of meaningless jobs that I have had throughout my life. If anyone lives in the Houston area please drop a line.

Hey y'all. I stood up to my parents when I was 15 and informed them that I was done with attending church and that I had never bought into the religious nonsense in the first place. That was 40 years ago and I haven't had to suppress my non-belief since. These days, I'm fascinated with the whole process of aging and witnessing the evolution of my contemporaries as well as myself. The attached photo as well as my profile photo were taken within the last 24 hours. I'm always on the lookout for atheist single men within a decade or so of my age who are tall, smart, funny and easy on the eyes.
Hi Everyone! I'm Sara, a 22-year-old college student from Salem, Oregon. I am less than a year away from finishing my undergrad degree in Women Studies (minors: Psychology & Sociology) and hope to get a master's in Women Studies afterwards. My passion is writing. I often write through a feminist lens about my life, culture, and politics (particularly in reference to a need for progressive ideas). I'm laid-back, very open-minded and love to meet like-minded people. Want to know more? Respond to this, email me, or check out my blog (link on my page)!
"I am working on a Bachelor's degree in Anthropology..."

Ooh, jealous. Once I can afford the money/time for school again, Cultural Anthropology is the goal in my line of sight right now.

And I know what you mean about finding fellow Atheists. Very needles-in-haystacks.
A fellow Floridian. I'm in the Clearwater area. I have always been intrested in Biological Anthropolgy. What do you plan to do with your degree when you finish?
Alright, shit, why not?

My name is Orson Zedd. This is not my real name, but a homophone I stole from Shakespeare's King Lear. I'm from the New Albany/Tupelo/Oxford area in Mississippi. Apparently there are very few atheists around here, but I might as well try my luck. I attend the University of Mississippi (Ole Miss for you Billy Joel fans), majoring in English Education. I've got 24 hours left in my degree, but the stupidity of the School of Ed means I'll be there another year.

I'm very reserved. I do enjoy talking, but I'm not very good at small talk. I consider myself a writer, so if you're interested in themes and things like that, you're in luck. I'm also very shy. I'm working on it, but it's really hard to get over.

Hope I'm not perusing a wild ornithoid without cause.

OZ
I know exactly what you mean about shyness being very hard to get over. It's important to have friends with similar views, though.
hey I am Ross I live in Edinburgh reacently moved out from home which is nice. I am studying for my masters degree in civil engineering and enjoy dicussions of all types.

I was never religious although I was baptised still trying to work out why though none of my family are religious. It isn't that hard being non-religious in Scotland as i have been to lead to believe as it is in the states.(sorry if that doesn't flow that well).

General chat and friendship welcome

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service