Introduce yourself with a little pertinent info and maybe a recent photo.

Views: 2544

Replies to This Discussion

Wow, recent change.  How long have you been wavering?  What started your doubting?

Hi I'm Katrina. 20 years old,a chubby lady from the Philippines. I study finance at National University. I came across this site because of such particular topics, like "atheist nun" and how's life going on the other side of the world.

Well, Seriously I was wondering on why people won't accept me for what I am, If I told them that I don't believe in God they're worshiping. I don't know. I just like living my life with own beliefs, and living in my own perception on what life is.

I am wildly sophisticated, in the sense that i don't like having too much drama in everything and I know, I still have a lot of things to experience/learn.

I'm Juan (a.k.a. J) I'm 23 yrs old, Live in Brooklyn, N.Y. Have been single for some time. I have an assiciates degree in web design, starting my own web company with a friend.  I've been looking for a like minded woman for a while can't seem to find one but I can always find thise religious ones (sarcasm). Finding an Atheist woman in NY is like finding God in my toliet. I'm a memeber if Amercian Atheist. I wonder if there are any NY woman on here who are single and near my age or older. It Would be interestingly funny if there were some here on this site.

I am Shannon. I am 31, just got an Associate's in Computer Science. I currently reside in South Carolina, where I was born and raised, though I have lived in Buffalo, NY, NYC, and briefly San Francisco and LA. I am childless and wish to stay that way. I am also a lesbian. I am definitely leaving the Bible Belt as soon as I find a job elsewhere. My passions are books, secularism (of course!), LGBT rights, and writing. 

My name is Christian, and I am from West Michigan. I would not recommend divorce as a way to narrow down what one truly wants from life, but that is exactly what I did. Twice. I also took all the lessons I could find from booze and have recently graduated. I fear I have painted myself into a corner because of my Atheist/small-L libertarian views which pretty much separate me from much of this community. It is a lonely world unless you profess to be a liberal atheist around here. I don't go to bars and don't really feel comfortable at a UU church, so where is an odd duck like myself supposed to meet anyone? I have lurked around here for a couple years, but just like online dating sites, it seems to be another sausage party.:( I have not given up hope, but I am not getting any younger, and hours at the gym are only going to reverse the aging process so much.

I'm Toni. And to get right to the point...I'm fat and unattractive. But I'm smart, funny, loving, thinking, honest, and enjoy life. I'm a widowed female, age 51, currently living in NC but originally from Illinois. I have a Masters Degree and career. What am I doing about the fat part? Dreading the "D" word, but am making changes. Lots of water, high fiber, less meat, less carbs, less food! Oh, and getting off my fat a$$ and moving around.

I don't like doing things alone. The kids (2) are away at school (yeah!) and I have time to myself. What to do? I enjoy hiking, camping, fishing (not good at getting fish off the hook yet), as well as reading. I'm not big on movies, I like watching sports, especially football and hockey (darn NHL). And travel! I think I'd go anywhere--especially museums, zoos, aquariums, and historical sites (yes, that includes Civil War battlefields). Oh, and as far as total disclosure, enjoy shopping, especially antiques and "junk" shops.

Honestly, I'd like to just make some friends. You don't have live close--getting to know someone through email would be just fine.

Hi, all. I'm Bud. 53 in 2012. I live in the Hampton Roads area. I've never had kids, though I would've liked to -- it's a long story. Hoping to meet someone with similar beliefs (or 'non' beliefs, rather).

My name is Brooke. I am 34, single, never been married and I do not have any children. I am currently living in Greenville, SC. But have spent the last 13 years in Minneapolis, MN. I have been agnostic since I can remember and just recently determined myself to be more atheist than anything else. I am passionate about facts and finding out truths about our world and the people in it. I'd love to meet some men in the Greenville area and some female friends too. 

Wow, major shock, I imagine, going from Minneapolis to Greenville, SC.  Say hello to Bob Jones for me.  ^.^

My name is Michael. Pianko is not my real last name. I was born in May 1983 and in and grew up in South-East Michigan but I have been living and working in Columbus, Ohio since late 2006. I was raised Jewish. (I never participated in even secular American Christmas season culture, and my family would be weirded out if I was living with a woman and she put a christmas tree in our home but after coming out as a atheist I am no longer necessarily instinctively uncomfortable around other cultures). I came out to my family as an atheist in October 2009 and in August 2010 I went to my last Jewish young adult social event and then finally decided that a girlfriend does not have to be Jewish. I would merely prefer that you be as unreligious as possible. Your life doesn't necessarily have to revolve around atheism, or the fact that you don't participate in or believe in religion. We should have one or more fun activities we would enjoy doing together and you should really want a relationship and you should try to make a good impression. I will try not to be too demanding but I always show up early and I have had bad experiences with girls arriving late or blowing off our plans. I wish you would keep good track of time and normally arrive or be ready a few minutes early or even better, a comfortable 5-10 minutes early. I want good frequent communication. In a relationship I want at least a few good sentences once a day unless otherwise specified.

I know some women can't stand short men - I am 5ft 3in tall or slightly less without shoes on. I am near the low end of the range of acceptable body-mass-indexes for men my height and I have no tattoos or piercings and I wish you wouldn't have any either. I don't drink at all or smoke or take anything. I like bowling and pool; scrabble and chess, although I haven't played for a long time; large scenic parks like the trails in the Hocking Hills area (I drove to the trails 3 times but alone); jogging, jogging or hiking trails; art museums (I have been to all of the art museums in Ohio at least once, but I went by myself and I could stand to have somebody to go with). Other things I am or have been interested in include science fiction movies (when I do watch movies, which is not often), exotic succulent plants (when I was 12 I had 6 plants, including a haworthia, and the haworthia is the only one still alive after over 15 years), old coins (no, I do not keep valuables in my apartment), once in a blue moon crafts like paper folding or drawing. With some exceptions I have cut back on time spent online to teach myself a few other languages to help me in a library cataloging job and how to play the guitar. I would like to say that I feel great but I actually feel terrible due to the fact that I can't seem to get any women to even talk to me.

Hello people, i'm 35yrs old from London, England.  I love music, reasoning and reality. I noticed when i had a look around there are not alot of people from my side of the water. Would like to meet new people all the same, its not where your from its where your at that matters.

hello names mike and im 23 years old. im live in madison heights michigan. im young and poor lol, originally from hamtramck. im also bi polar and welll....have never really dated before. im just looking for a sweet,nice and understanding gal. race,politics, don't matter to me,either does weight, well because i wouldn"t have room to talk :)

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

MJ

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service