Introduce yourself with a little pertinent info and maybe a recent photo.

Views: 2546

Replies to This Discussion

Hello Atheist Nexus/Atheist Singles!

I just moved to SoCal (Pasadena) back in March to attend music school. I'm 28, and sort of starting my life over. I'm originally from Boise, ID where I had a pretty good life for a time playing live music, selling real estate and building a home together with a loving partner. That came to an abrupt end last summer so here I am.

I'm hoping to meet some like-minded people, make some new friends and who knows, maybe even find a little passion too.

-Metal = bonus

-Militant Atheist = bonus

-Musician = bonus

-Scientist = super double mega bonus

Hit me up!!!

11:11

I'm Michael. I was born in May 1983. I'm 5ft 3in and 120-122 lbs undressed. I don't drink or somke or use any drugs and I'm free of tatoos and piercings. I grew up in West Bloomfield in South-East Michigan and came to Columbus just for Graduate school in 2006. My M.A. is in Yiddish literature, which is a secular Jewish language that evolved among the Jews in central and east Europe in the few hundred years before WWII. I finished my last coursework in the program in November 2008, but I had to wait until the March 2009 commencement to get the piece of paper that says I have the degree. My family is Jewish. I first realized god is imaginary when I was 15 but I was afraid to admit it until October 2009. Now I'm not sure I even care about a secular Jewish culture; it technically does not matter. I'm currently working in retail and taking some classes towards a Master of Library Science degree so I can work as a librarian in an academic library somewhere. I like jogging, bowling, museums, walking the trails in Hocking Hills; books and book collecting and coins. My undergraduate degree was in linguistics and I still sometimes like to read about various topics in the field but its ok if you don't care about this stuff. I'm afraid of animals but I don't mind plants. I'm flexible about what I do with friends, but I prefer to only hang out in places that are free of ear-splitting loud music (otherwise I'll have to use ear-plugs and we will have difficulty talking) and free of smoke from tobacco and marijuana and any drugs.

I'm looking for a mentally healthy and physically fit woman who is close to my size and age and who does not have any children yet, who will be a mere friend first, who is available to talk on the phone as a mere friend, to meet in person to talk and maybe also walk around in a nice place or bowl or do some activity. Later we'll see whether or not some kind of relationship forms between us.

I am 41 years old, live in the buy bull belt.  Struggling for sure to find someone that shares the same views as I do!  Not many of us atheists down here in the good ole Southland.  I don't want to date someone who "doesn't mind" that I am atheist.  Sharing that would be nice!  Plus in my age group, it's even more challenging to find people who are open minded and don't cite fox news as the best source for the news.  I'm glad I found this site!  It definitely fills a void!  How does one go about meeting atheist men in the butt crack of the bible belt???  Suggestions????

Oddly enough, after watching this site for quite a while, it seems like most of the people on here ARE from the South.  On the other hand, very few seem to be from the West coast, which is precisely where I would have expected to find the largest concentration of atheists.  Strange.

It's a result of the religiosity in which the atheist finds him-/herself.  Apparently, Portland, OR is about half atheist.  It's just a very post-theistic city, so very few identify themselves as atheists, since they don't see the point.  Well, that and a huge number of them are wacky, new-age atheists, which wouldn't fit in with the general skepticality of the new atheist movement.

Those who emerge from the fundamentalist background of the southeast are more outspoken and aggressive, as a result of their history and their surroundings.

*raises hand*

I'm in San Antonio, TX --- a town plagued by Catholicism... and I have not much luck here either.

I think about moving away frequently.

I live in San Antonio as well, i've mainly been seeing religions,that are different from christianity... but still it's awkward being around the people as the practice it continuously.

Ummm... well if you ever get to New Orleans.... ;) You're very pretty!

Hello, Captain Obvious.  :-D

Hi Fellow Non-theist-People,

I am a 55, HWP, divorced, intelligent, nice guy who doesn't believe in a big granddaddy in the sky.

I also have a lot of hair left ;-).

I am hoping someday to find someone to get older with, and maybe some other (more fun) activities too.

Anyway, if you are visiting or live in the twin cities (MN), drop me a line, we might hit it off -- who knows??

It wouldn't hurt to have a glass of wine ...

john

Okay, I have to ask... what is "HWP"?

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

MJ

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service