Introduce yourself with a little pertinent info and maybe a recent photo.

Views: 2661

Replies to This Discussion

Hey hey, this is Avicenna,

Some facts include the fact that I am constructed out of chocolate, am a British Expat in India and am a Medical student. Making me a stereotype. 

(Yes I was the first!)

I want some of THAT firewater.
Hi! I'm Mark.

I'm 30 and live in south central Indiana. I work in a factory and go to school part time for a BSME. Given the opportunity, I think I'll also get an EE degree and/or CS degree - my interests are at the intersection of those three fields.

My hobbies include metalworking, electronics, and programming. Robotics has always fascinated me, but I've never spent much money on it. I read quite a bit - mostly scifi and nonfiction. I'm an occasional gamer, mostly playing FPSes and Portal.

I like sarcasm and satire - Ambrose Bierce, Pastor Deacon Fred, and so on.

I've never been married and don't have any children. I'd like to have children, but I'm still open to a long term relationship with a woman who doesn't want children.

If you haven't ever read OKTrends (OKCupid's blog), you should. There's some hilarious stuff on there, as well as some interesting and useful stuff. At least one of them is an atheist, and their blog posts often show correlations between religion (or lack thereof) and some other statistic.

In http://blog.okcupid.com/index.php/the-best-questions-for-first-dates/ , they write about several questions that show potential for long-term compatibility. My answers are in parenthesis:

Do you like horror movies? (I don't like horror, whether in book or movie form)

Have you ever traveled around another country alone? (No, and I don't see myself doing so - I'd rather share the experience with someone)

Wouldn't it be fun to chuck it all and go live on a sailboat? (A sailboat would be fun for a bit, but I have a lot of material possessions that you can pry out of my cold, dead hands. Speaking of which, a lack of internet *would* kill me. I've heard of acoustic modems... do aquatic modems exist? Can we stay close enough to shore for wifi? You get the drift :D )

Haha- Definitely have to figure out internet logistics before living on a sailboat!

Thanks for the article... funny stuff.  I wouldn't have thought to ask "Do you prefer the people in your life to be simple or complex?"  Answers to that question are supposed to predict compatibility on political issues.

The idea of valuing simplicity has bugged me for a long time. Hearing that there is a correlation with being conservative does not surprise me, but I wouldn't have thought to ask it either :)
hello - new here - 54 SWM in Houston Texas, Harley riding Free Thinker...
Hi.  I'm Michael in North Hollywood (sub. of Los Angeles) Calif.  I'm 63, in electric utility grid operations.  I am passionate about science and being rational, but have feelings.  I'm just 5'6" short, so for taller ladies, I will stand on my toes to kiss goodnight.
Hi everybody, I'm 44 and widowed since '03. I'm currently living in a small town in SW Georgia, which is driving me nuts! You can't drive 2 blocks in this town w/o hitting a church. I've recently gone back to school since my first career as a degenerate drug addict didn't work out to well for me lol. But I'm happy to say that I'm clean and sober now. I guess I'd have to say that I fall into the secular humanist category. I didn't have any major transformational epiphany as I was brought up as a Unitarian Universalist. I guess that's about it for starters. Thanks for taking the time to read about me.
Welcome, Michael. Good luck with your search!
Hey,

Thought I'd finally add my name to the lists as well.  I am 5'8, and 185 pounds. Brown hair and Blue eyes.  Average looks and I consider myself moderately intelligent.  I have never been married or have any kids.  I am just north of Santa Cruz.  Send me a picture and I'll send one back.  Oh, I like to travel, cook, read my Kindle, garden, play and hike.  I am not into drinking or drama, though I like a glass of 2 buck chuck from time to time.  Don't be shy! You only live once(unless we're wrong) ;)

Hello Atheist Nexus/Atheist Singles!

I just moved to SoCal (Pasadena) back in March to attend music school. I'm 28, and sort of starting my life over. I'm originally from Boise, ID where I had a pretty good life for a time playing live music, selling real estate and building a home together with a loving partner. That came to an abrupt end last summer so here I am.

I'm hoping to meet some like-minded people, make some new friends and who knows, maybe even find a little passion too.

-Metal = bonus

-Militant Atheist = bonus

-Musician = bonus

-Scientist = super double mega bonus

Hit me up!!!

11:11

I'm Michael. I was born in May 1983. I'm 5ft 3in and 120-122 lbs undressed. I don't drink or somke or use any drugs and I'm free of tatoos and piercings. I grew up in West Bloomfield in South-East Michigan and came to Columbus just for Graduate school in 2006. My M.A. is in Yiddish literature, which is a secular Jewish language that evolved among the Jews in central and east Europe in the few hundred years before WWII. I finished my last coursework in the program in November 2008, but I had to wait until the March 2009 commencement to get the piece of paper that says I have the degree. My family is Jewish. I first realized god is imaginary when I was 15 but I was afraid to admit it until October 2009. Now I'm not sure I even care about a secular Jewish culture; it technically does not matter. I'm currently working in retail and taking some classes towards a Master of Library Science degree so I can work as a librarian in an academic library somewhere. I like jogging, bowling, museums, walking the trails in Hocking Hills; books and book collecting and coins. My undergraduate degree was in linguistics and I still sometimes like to read about various topics in the field but its ok if you don't care about this stuff. I'm afraid of animals but I don't mind plants. I'm flexible about what I do with friends, but I prefer to only hang out in places that are free of ear-splitting loud music (otherwise I'll have to use ear-plugs and we will have difficulty talking) and free of smoke from tobacco and marijuana and any drugs.

I'm looking for a mentally healthy and physically fit woman who is close to my size and age and who does not have any children yet, who will be a mere friend first, who is available to talk on the phone as a mere friend, to meet in person to talk and maybe also walk around in a nice place or bowl or do some activity. Later we'll see whether or not some kind of relationship forms between us.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service