We're all sci-fi fans... but what do we like best? Personally, I'm all about Heinlein. I have at least a dozen second-favorite authors... but Heinlein is number one. (My favorite book, by the by, is Glory Road-- normally, online, I go by the name "Lady Vivamus" for that reason)

How about you all?

Views: 39

Replies to This Discussion

I don't have a fav author but these are my top books.  As for Heinlein, I've read "Stranger in a Strange Land" and it was ok.  I've meant to check out some other but haven't got around to it.  I'm re-reading Diamond Age (another Neal S. book) now. 

Neal Stephenson - Snow Crash (by far my favorite)

Neal Stephenson - Cryptonomicon

Ernest Cline - Ready Player One (If you lived in the 80's and played video games and/or RPG's, it's a must read)

Douglas Adams - The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Nice collection of books!

I don't have a favorite author either. Too many good ones!

I like my sci-fi hard so I tend to like authors who keep close to the science. I would have a hard time picking a favorite author, but Syne Mitchell is definitely on the top of the list. I like Stephen Baxter and Kim Stanley Robinson.

Of course, my love of hard sci-fi doesn't include my love of Star Trek which is a major reason for who I am today.

Favorites? Depends. I can go all the way back to Doc Smith in the 20's and 30's, Asimov, Heinlein, Lester del Rey, thru fantasy with Norton,Tolkien, to Ellison,Orson Card, and the list goes on. As far as movies/tv, most of them, not only American, but English like Blake's 7, Dr. Who, of course, plus the German/Canadian Lexx.My fandom for sf started in the 6th grade with a group of books called Danny Dunn. I then discovered Ms. Norton and Paul French (Asimov). It started me on the path of trying to think logically in situations, though I didn't realize it at the time. They were just a great read. Still are today. It's the ideas that really hook me. So favorites? If push came to shove, Cordwainer Smith with his Instrumentality of Man.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

Latest Activity

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service