Here's a couple of very simple recipes I happen to enjoy.

Views: 10

Replies to This Discussion

Ingerdients:
can of your favorite chilli
bag of Fritos corn chips
Heat can of chilli. Open bag of fritos. Dump chilli into bag of fritos. (Be careful. I have melted the bag. Might want to use a bowl :)
Chicken tacos on the grill.
Ingredients: Chicken breasts, fajita marinade, your favorite taco kit (taco shells and mix), favorite taco accompaniements (shredded lettuce, green onions, cilantro, shredded jack cheese, chopped tomatoes, guacamole, sour cream, etc.)
Marinade chicken breasts in fajita sauce for 4 hours or more. Prepare grill (I use charcoal or wood). Dump packet of taco seasoning mix in pan with water. Grill chicken breasts untill medium or medium rare. Remove from grill and cut into small chunks. Throw into pan with taco seasoning mix and cook untill done (actually they don't have to be totally done as they will cook more later). Fill taco shells and place on metal greased baking pan back on the grill and close the grill cover. Watch Doctor Who and drink margaritas 'till you feel like eating.
By the time you've grilled the breasts, and prepared the tacos for baking the coals are down far enough that you usually don't have to worry about burning the tacos.(I never have, although they have gotten a bit dark. After a couple of margaritas nobody cares)) There's a small amount of smoke flavor imparted to the tacos which improves them dramatically IMO. We usually get more raves from guests over these than the stuff we spend hours slaving away in the kitchen making.
I have a simple recipe of my own.

1 cup. Any size will do.

Ice cubes. Use as few or as many as you like.

Water. Best if this is clean water, but it's up to you.

Add ice cubes into cup. Pour water over ice cubes. Drink and enjoy. I call this one Ice Water. It's pretty epic.
Ah yes! Ice water! Sometimes the simple things are best.
My wife and I enjoy camping in Red River Gorge, Kentucky from time to time. One of the many things we look forward to is filling our canteens and water containers from a spring by the side of the road. Most people who’ve camped there know about it. However we usually don’t pour it over ice as the ice is usually loaded with chemicals and quickly destroys the taste of the spring water. There's no better refreshment on a hot day of hiking :)
Sounds great! Why do you change the cornbread recipe? The 3/4 cup milk is the amount used for corn pancakes or waffles. The muffin mix uses 1/3 cup of milk. Just curious.

RSS

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service