Zimbabwe doctors powerless about ‘witchcraft curse’

Doctors at a government hospital in the city Bulawayo have given up on treating a young woman who is suffering from a strange illness which traditional healers say is caused by a witchcraft curse. She is now looking for help from traditional doctors or healers.

By Thabo Kunene

[Gratuitous somehow related graphic]

Traditional healers in the city say doctors can not treat the disease or illness because their drugs have no power over black magic or witchcraft.

The woman from the small village of Nkwalini in Northern Matabeleland province was brought to hospital vomiting small pots, buckets, braids and plates. Some villagers fled when they saw the scene. Now people from other villages are scared to visit the area.

At Mpilo Hospital, doctors failed to diagnose the cause of the illness. They gave her drugs to stop vomiting without any result. Now some local hospital doctors have appealed to traditional doctors known as Inyanga to help save the girl’s life.

‘If the woman does not get treatment soon, she will die of dehydration and lack of water in the body, said one doctor to Radio Netherlands Worldwide (RNW). He didn’t want to be identified because he was not authorised to speak to the media. ‘She is now too weak to walk because of the vomiting.’ [...]

Tags: africa, curse, witchcraft, zimbabwe

Views: 23

Replies to This Discussion

this is fucked up, I mean I can understand (dont agree but understand) them not trusting medical science to do any better, but why not give it a try? what is the fucking harm!!! the medical science won't get in the way of their imaginary witchcraft shit and could help her.
Am I reading that right? She's *horfing crockery and hair*?

Clearly Siegfried and Roy are the wizards responsible here.
Ignorance and mental illness!!!

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service