Woman shoots son and then commits suicide because God told her to

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/

I often wonder how an atheist crazy-person would pull this sort of thing off with any level of continuity.

Tags: crazy, god made me do it, guns

Views: 23

Replies to This Discussion

Yeah, I suppose craziness(ignorance) isn't limited to just the religious, they just happen to be the majority.

God's telling me to prove his false-hood.

On a non-related topic, kind of ironic that the atheistic sign makes the shield of David???
I think the question is, are crazy people like this simply more prone to superstitious / religious belief? In my estimation, being an atheist in a mostly religious culture / society typically makes one seem more logical, and therefore less prone to such socio/psychopathic behavior.
*rolling eyes* How much more insane can it get?
I'm sure it can probably get quite a lot worse. Things like the Albigensian Crusade, for example, but your point is taken.
"You have a gun, you can do it," she said God told her while she was in a mental hospital. "I have to die and go to hell so there can be a thousand years peace on Earth."

Finally, a thousand years of peace on earth. I wonder if that was supposed to start today?
Actually, yes.

You see, Mr. Gaytheist, there are three "half-seconds" per day in which no one on the planet is murdered. Thanks to Her Royal Craziness, there will now be 4 of them.

This adds up to about two seconds of peace per day. Meaning that it will only take 216,000,000 years before the 10,000 years of peace has occurred. After that, life will go back to normal and people will be killed every half-second of every day, all year long forever.

The power of awesomeness is truly awesome.
I don't know how it is in America but down here in Australia at gun ranges your gun is locked into a bracket that prevents you from turning it around into the shooters area...

Not so in Amuricuh! That would be an infringment upon the gun lover's constitutional right to have to have the freedom of an un-bracket locked gun that allows them to turn around into the shooters area. It's all about freedom. You fascist pigs don't get that.
This is how it is in America: too many nuts have guns.

It's very easy to own a gun here. Getting a driver's license is harder than getting a license to own a gun.
You don't need a license to own a gun in America, only to carry it concealed. In order to legally purchase a gun, all you need is money and to not be a convicted felon.
Depends on the state laws, I guess.

Where I live, you need a license. But all ypu have to do is get your picture taken. No tests required.
"Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it, you'd have good people doing good things and evil people doing bad things, but for good people to do bad things, it takes religion." ~ Steven Weinberg, Nobel Laureate in physics
Yeah, I really agree with you. It's just more fun to pick on the fundies, since their sort of affected in the head anynow. But you are right, religion did not cause her problems, but I think they probably exacerbated them, perhaps. I also think you are right about the fact that we will see more violence now that things are going so bad.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service