Two month old baby beaten with rod because it was being "emotional"

Wisconsin Church Members Charged With Abusing Infants

So this might start an interesting conversation. Is it okay to use corporal punishment on children? How about with wooden rods and spoons? How about on infants? Apparently that's how the Aleitheia Bible Church, in the town of Black Earth, reads the "spare the rod, spoil the child" of the Bible.

How deranged to you have to be to think a 2 month-old is acting out by crying and so needs beaten?

Views: 76

Replies to This Discussion

Dunno man, my parents were liberal Catholics.  I was never even spanked.  I turned out pretty well.
Some people should not be allowed to breed.
Agreed
Are all the fundamentalists insane? They will probably claim religious persecution. They should be locked up and neutered!! Never allowed around a child again.

Are all the fundamentalists insane?

Isn't that redundant?

absolutely sick.

these people belong in jail and should have there children taken and put into good homes.look up a serial killer named Albert Fish.   his "liking" for punishment started in a religious orphanage.

he ended up being executed for killing and eating children.

thank you, religion.

Wow just wow. who would have thought that something like this could happen, and I've noticed that it always seem to be a rural area or the members are forcibly cut off from outside society. Maybe there really should be a test to allow people to be parents. One affirming that the parent is stable, with a reliably house hold. psychological evaluation. The world would probably be a better place with a parent test in place.

I think you would have to be pretty out there to think a 2 month old is acting out or trying to get your goat or manipulate you in any way.

I hope they can teach these parents some new coping skills, because I don't think foster homes are that great either.  As a parent, I think these people have crossed the line.  I imagine their kids are well behaved, because if they're not they're going to get "their hides tanned" as my folks used to say. 

For future consideration, do not get parenting advice from a barbaric people that thought human sacrifice was a good thing.
"Spare the rod, spoil the child" is not found anywhere in the Bible, it's from a poem. Anyone who thinks it is a Biblical concept, hasn't read their "holey" book.

your spot on.

gota understand. we are not only up against there book, we are also up against all of the commentary, exegesis, explanations, and expounding of this book through the ages that has become intrinsically linked to that belief system.

there are a lot of things that people believe are part of the book but it comes from all the "messing about" with the explanations etc...

most people dont know the difference. but its not from belligerence...its from actually believing all the "extra" crap that has been written about the book and never bothering to investigate themselves.

or justifying it all by telling themselves that it all just further explained what was written.

Proverbs 13:24: "He that spareth his rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes (diligently)."

Meh, close enough I'd say.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service