npr and other sources.  Sweden has certified Kopimism as as a bona fide religion, with its own rituals.  The rituals are basically internet piracy.  The only tenant and only ritual  of Kopimism is file sharing.  Well, if Jedi is a religion, why not?  The sillier religions become, the less credibility all of them have.

Views: 68

Replies to This Discussion

I'm pretty sure my kids practice the Kopimistic sacrament on a regular basis.  

At least it's not the blood and flesh of Jesus!

"The sillier religions become, the less credibility all of them have."    Good point Sentient Biped.  I wonder if this could actually lead to a tipping point of rational thinking?  Too much to hope for? 

Not too much to hope for but probably too much to really think will happen!

Actually from what I read, it is more the belief that all knowledge is sacred, to be given away. Sounds like the concept of Daan in the Dharmic religions, Hinduism, Buddhism, Jain, etc. I believe it was Mohammed that also said that knowledge was the right of all men, to be taken (copied) and given to all. Since men wrote these texts, and not a higher power, this seems to arise from men, as in this case, a 19 y.o.Swedish student. Nothing new under the sun. Namaste and Shalom. 

A while back I heard of a religion called Coprolytics and like most religions it's based on a lot of old shit.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

Latest Activity

Todd Crispin replied to John Jubinsky's discussion Hawking Likes Film on His Life in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
58 minutes ago
Patricia replied to Patricia's discussion Very Ancient Sharks Teeth Found in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
1 hour ago
Todd Crispin liked John Jubinsky's discussion Hawking Likes Film on His Life
1 hour ago
Todd Crispin replied to Patricia's discussion Very Ancient Sharks Teeth Found in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
1 hour ago
Todd Crispin posted discussions
1 hour ago
Freethinker31 replied to scott martins's discussion IS EVERYBODY 100% POSITIVE THERE IS NO GOD?
1 hour ago
Todd Crispin replied to Dr. Terence Meaden's discussion Pope Francis confesses that Evolution and the Big Bang theory are right: God isn't 'a magician with a magic wand' in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
1 hour ago
Patricia replied to Todd Crispin's discussion Unidentified Flying Objects?
2 hours ago
Profile IconTodd Crispin, Kristi H and Connor Galletly joined Dr. Terence Meaden's group
2 hours ago
Todd Crispin posted a status
"Sitting here eating sunflower seeds waiting for smart people to create a pill to make be skinny again....lol.."
2 hours ago
Todd Crispin replied to Todd Crispin's discussion Unidentified Flying Objects?
2 hours ago
Jimmy McCann replied to Dr. Terence Meaden's discussion Pope Francis confesses that Evolution and the Big Bang theory are right: God isn't 'a magician with a magic wand' in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
2 hours ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service