http://www.casavaria.com/cafesentido/2011/01/22/7242/olbermann-abru...  

This strikes me as a huge loss to the already outmatched and beleaguered progressive voice in the US media. I read it as a consolidation of Teabagger mentality and corporate interests to further isolate Americans, to their own detriment (unless they're rich, of course), from the rest of civilization. 

Views: 11

Replies to This Discussion

The coffin is almost shut on America.
He will be missed by a majority of us who enjoy a laugh and insightful telling of political news.

What is he doing after this?  I forget.

You're speaking like he's dead or something.

He's prohibited from speaking on radio and television for some period of time (negotiated) but he's expected to show up on the internet.
Isn't that usually something like 5 or 6 months?  It shouldn't be that bad.
His contract still had two years on it. Unless it was changed via negotiation, non-competition clauses last for the entire contract period remaining.
Oh, well @#$%.  He really wouldn't have left without doing that though, right?  Two years is a freaking long time, for something like that.

I saw this story discussing Keith's possible future -

Did Keith Olbermann Bolt MSNBC to Create Media Empire?

The story speculates that "With two years left on his $7 million a year contract, Olbermann was seeking a full exit package but he really has his eye on creating his own media empire in the style of Huffington Post, according to the individual. That way, Olbermann would control his own brand and, in his view, potentially earn far more as an owner."

No source is given for the information, so credibility is up in the air right now, but, if it's true he could begin working on it right away. A non-compete would have to be pretty narrow to be enforceable and would probable only cover a radio or tv hosting gig, he should be free to blog at will, and certainly free to own and develop something like a HuffPo improvement.

It's rediculous to think he could create a new media company.

Was Olbermann strangled in a cable war?

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service