Senator: “We’re allowing gays to exist”

State Senator John Eichelberger, who has introduced a bill that would amend the Pennsylvania constitution to define marriage as being between only a woman and a man, told local radio station WHYY today that gays are “… not being punished. We’re allowing them to exist, and do what every American can do. We’re just not rewarding them with any special designation.” Full post

Tags: John Eichelberger, civil rights, equality, gay marriage, gays, homosexuality, homosexuals, lesbians, republican, same-sex marriage, More…sentaor

Views: 2

Replies to This Discussion

You can sign a petition here.
I signed
Signed. What a ridiculous statement the Senator made!
well isn't that speciallll (effin moron)
I know, it's like: Gee, thanks for your permission. This is so typical of his lot. They talk about us as if we aren't actual Americans, or even people for that fact.
I signed and posted on my FB page
So their right to exist was in doubt then? I bet lgbt there are REAL glad this guy's got their back. *phew*
Since when marrying is a "special designation"?
Allowing gays to exist? As though they need permission?

Welcome to the mind of an authoritarian.

Unfortunately for the rest of Pennsylvania, he's in a safe seat.
Wow, allowance to exist! As a straight man, I'm not sure I can speak for gay people on this, but I'd like to throw it out there: "Why thankee massa, I neva though of nothin' mo!"

You know, we remove people from office for idiocy and bigotry far to infrequently in this country.
Signed and sent. Made me vomit in my mouth a little.
Thanks Karen. We have plenty of them in Texas, too.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

Profile Iconunrealdummy, Jack Jackson, Debbie Short and 4 more joined Atheist Nexus
31 minutes ago
Idaho Spud replied to Nick Bottom's discussion Solicitors, go away
42 minutes ago
James M. Martin replied to Scot Hinson's discussion Suicide ?!?
42 minutes ago
Freethinker31 replied to Nick Bottom's discussion Solicitors, go away
51 minutes ago
booklover replied to Nick Bottom's discussion Solicitors, go away
1 hour ago
Bertold Brautigan replied to dr kellie's discussion what boobs are good for in the group Hang With Friends
1 hour ago
Visvakarman Svetasvatara-Upanish replied to Visvakarman Svetasvatara-Upanish's discussion Carl Sagan's Cosmos
1 hour ago
Grinning Cat replied to Nick Bottom's discussion Solicitors, go away
1 hour ago
Amanda Ashcraft posted a video
My Loot Crate just made my day today. Small little pick me ups right when I need one. :) https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10203923636523049&l=6942591917367135588
1 hour ago
sflmac replied to Nick Bottom's discussion Solicitors, go away
2 hours ago
Grinning Cat commented on Pete Matthews's status
2 hours ago
Joseph P replied to Rick Springfield's discussion Religion the virus of society in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
2 hours ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service