Jesus Christ returns on May 21, 2011. You'll definately want to mark this date on your calendar because, you know, if you're raptured, you don't want to leave a kettle on the boil or the bathtub water running. It might cause problems for those who are Left Behind.

Anyway, the folks who are blowing the trumpet and warning the people (Ezekiel 33:3) of the impending Day of Judgement are the owners of Family Radio, Inc, a Christian radio network with a nationwide audience. It's founder, Harold Camping, has precisely calculated the date of the Rapture using clues in the Bible.

More here.

One of 40 billboards in 8 states warning of the impending Day of Judgement.

Tags: The End is Near

Views: 85

Replies to This Discussion

lmao I think that would actually work.

Yeah, but unfortunately, they'd only give their money to their preacher, because he's God's representative.  The fact that he should be disappearing in the rapture along with them and therefor won't be able to make effective use of it will elude them.

Oh and greetings, neighbor.  Are you in any of the Triangle groups?

I just joined one online but I haven't attended any meetings. I rsvp'd for a mid winter gathering in chapel hill for tonight though. I'd appreciate any info on local groups you have.

Cool.

I'm missing that one, since I have too much crap going on this weekend.  I make every game night, though.  The last one was last weekend.  We're starting up a separate event for more hardcore gamers that will probably meet more often, but we're still sorting out the details.

The groups I'm a member of are FAAST and TAM.  I should be at Philosophy with a Twist and Fourth Coffee Gathering, although I've been flaking out on the coffee gatherings, because actually being somewhere by 10:30 AM on a Saturday is something that my body just rebels against.

Anyone tell them to read the Bible? And I thought it was May 21, 2011? Pfft, these guys can talk all they want. Religious people nowadays seem to look for more practical things in their faith, not doomsayer nonsense such as this.

And wasn't the Rapture just the method of how you got to heaven? IE: In the bible people didn't die to go to heaven, I believe that if you died, you weren't worthy and if you had salvation you would be lifted into the sky where God was believed to have lived, hence the lightning, the storms, and the people who got "smited" because they probably wore metal.
Scratch that, misread the sign. Rapture (which is not a Biblical concept of everyone getting lifted up before the end, correct me if I am wrong) is May 21, 2011 and the end of the world, where all the REAL loving non-murderous, caring, non-child molesting people get roasted alive forever and ever.

Maybe I should email this guy asking him if I can get to heaven by molesting a few children, or perhaps sacrificing a herd of goats and a virgin, to appease their sky-god.
Better yet, send away for some of the freebies these people are offering: postcards, bumper stickers, business cards, pocket calendars (with the pertinent dates circled) and rack cards. Why not ask for them? If you live past next Oct. 21, you'll have a nice collectible. If you don't, well hey, they were free.
The Rapture is the day before my 24th birthday. Do you guys know how awesome a birthday gift that would be? All the evangelicals in the world just disappear? I would officially be in Heaven.

Whatever happened to December 21, 2012? Do you think, if this May 21/October 21 thing doesn't happen (as well all know it won't... unfortunately), they'll fall back on the Mayan prophecy?

Hey! I have an idea! Why don't we celebrate these two days? No... seriously... let's make them official atheist holidays!
lol
So I had to mark this. It'll be a good reminder to stock up on canned goods and ammo.
Wow, that sign is taking Ecclesiastes 8:5 waaaay out of context. Verses 6 and 7 flat out contradict how it's being used.

Ecclesiastes 8

1 Who is like the wise? Who knows the explanation of things? A person’s wisdom brightens their face and changes its hard appearance.

Obey the King

2 Obey the king’s command, I say, because you took an oath before God.
3 Do not be in a hurry to leave the king’s presence. Do not stand up for a bad cause, for he will do whatever he pleases.
4 Since a king’s word is supreme, who can say to him, “What are you doing?”

5 Whoever obeys his command will come to no harm, and the wise heart will know the proper time and procedure.
6 For there is a proper time and procedure for every matter, though a person may be weighed down by misery.
7 Since no one knows the future, who can tell someone else what is to come?

You @#$%^*& assholes. Could you be any less blatant in your manipulation of your own believers' ignorance?
My mom used to have a bumper sticker that said "Non-judgment day is coming". Loved it!

Oh, no! I hadn't even thought of it until you mentioned Harry Potter, but this means I will never see The Hobbit movie! D:

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service