An evangelist who kicks followers in the face, claiming his violence will cure them of cancer, is to tour Britain this month – but his proposed visit has provoked outrage and demands that he be banned from entering the country.

I'm not sure what's worst: Being such a jerk or being so gullible?

Tags: Todd Bentley, UK, alternative therapy, cancer, preacher, religion

Views: 388

Replies to This Discussion

Strappado, you chose an interesting name. Do you have a story to share? 

"STRAPPADO

: a punishment or torture in which the subject is hoisted by rope and allowed to fall its full length; also : a machine used to inflict this torture

Origin of STRAPPADO

modification of Italian strappata, literally, sharp pull
First Known Use: 1560

~ Webster 

This is the reason. I was hooked on this album at the time when I first started using this nick.

As a bonus, the strappado was used by the Inquisition.

Oh my goodness! this is not a relaxation album! When reading about the Malleus Maleficarum years ago I ran across the term strappado, a method used by Christians to torture confessions of witchcraft.

"Strappado

Designed to dislocate the shoulders of a victim by hoisting him off the ground, allowing him to fall, and stopping the victim suddenly before he or she touched the ground. To add to the torment, weights (varying from 50 to 500 pounds) were tied to the victim's body to dislocate a greater number of bones."

This Discovery Channel video presents a demonstration of the procedure as if they were testing the strength of wood or steel. Just watching it made my skin crawl.

The point I want to make here is that people with religious beliefs used any means necessary  to gain their desired ends. They didn't have a moral compass to let them know they were doing evil things to innocent people. Kind of like what is happening in the USA today; creationists and intelligent design proponents use any means to gain their desired ends, including deluding themselves and misinforming gullible adults and innocent children and seem to have no moral compass with which to judge their actions. 

Cool pic.

If I kicked someone in the face because God told me to I'd be locked up in an asylum! Maybe people who believe that getting their teeth kicked out can heal them of cancer should be locked up for their own safety... 

Or maybe he just likes kicking people in the face and this is the only way he can find those stupid enough to let him.

Damn, what a gullible breed.
-- Agent Kay, MiB

Most evangelist faith healers just kick people in their wallets. 

This man, Todd Bentley, sickens me. It's time someone kicks him in the face. And why hasn't he been arrested for assault?

sheesh they live close to some koch superfund site or...? is it.. egh eghm...

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

Latest Activity

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service