Prayer group claims credit for abortion clinic closing after doctor gets leukemia

The Fayetteville Women's Clinic has been a fixture in this northwest Arkansas community for 30 years. While the clinic's main business is obstetrics and gynecology, it also performs 700-800 abortions a year and is one of only two locations in the state where a surgical abortion can be obtained.

On Friday (August 6), the clinic closed it's doors for the last time.

The reason is that the doctor who runs it has been diagnosed with leukemia nd has to save his strength for fighting the disease.

An anti-abortion group is crediting God and it's prayers for the closure.

More here.

Tags: christians behaving badly

Views: 17

Replies to This Discussion

Nice bunch of people to pray that someone gets cancer.
Pretty amazing. An omniscient, omnipotent bad-tempered voyeur who takes 30 years to act against something that's supposedly very important to it, and this group actually thinks that it's something to be crowing about?
You know lots of theists are going to take credit if Hitchens dies of cancer.
People have already come up to him and told him he got his just desserts.
Sure he did...so did Jerry Falwell and Oral Roberts!
Hey god created leukemia , he has it trade marked, so i guess he gets to use it any which way he pleases , including giving it to doctors, though as a theist i would have accepted something a bit more grand from the creator of the universe, like a fire tornado destroying the clinic, or maybe flying skulls descending on the medical staff and eating their faces
I'd think that that "as a theist" was meant more in the sense of "if you're a theist, you'd want something more substantial."
That's how I read it as well.
How lovely and warm these sweet hearted christians..... NOT!

Hopefully the doctor will get better and continue his work or maybe someone else can carry on the task of helping these women.
Hey, if what they say is true they all need to be locked up in prison for attempted murder...right?
You'd think.
To me it has always been a church-state separation issue. The state shouldn't be taking a position on whether or not prayer can be used to call a god to smite someone. All the government knows is that there are a group of terrorists doing something they think will work to kill someone. The fact that the government isn't acting is a sign that the government doesn't think prayer works...and is in fact taking a position that prayer fails.

Yet at the same time, the government tries to play the "we can't judge prayer" when children die due to lack of medical care...which is something the government can judge. The government can't and shouldn't say "don't pray for your kid to get better" but the government can say "reasonable parents use medicine at the least."

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

MJ

Latest Activity

Luara replied to Regina Goodwin's discussion I hope it is not true in the group Texas Heathens
4 minutes ago
Luara joined Becky Robinson's group
4 minutes ago
Greg replied to B Fletcher's discussion Hey everybody, the world's about to end. Again.
9 minutes ago
Loren Miller replied to Gene Sokolowski's discussion Great New Book: Taking Liberties: Why Religious Freedom Doesn't Give You the Right to Tell Other People What to Do
29 minutes ago
Two Cult Survivor replied to Two Cult Survivor's discussion Need advice on coming out to my spouse
31 minutes ago
Asa Watcher replied to Gene Sokolowski's discussion Great New Book: Taking Liberties: Why Religious Freedom Doesn't Give You the Right to Tell Other People What to Do
45 minutes ago
James M. Martin replied to James M. Martin's discussion Neil DeGrasse Tyson on Why "Cosmos" Will NOT be Accompanied by Creationist Explanation for...well...the Cosmos
59 minutes ago
Tweeeekk replied to Gene Sokolowski's discussion ALL Politicians Should Be Made to Read: "Homosexuality, atheism etc: What's it to you?"
1 hour ago
Joan Denoo posted an album
1 hour ago
Plinius replied to Tweeeekk's discussion Do Religious people actually read their own holy books properly?
1 hour ago
Future replied to Gene Sokolowski's discussion ALL Politicians Should Be Made to Read: "Homosexuality, atheism etc: What's it to you?"
1 hour ago
Joan Denoo commented on Joan Denoo's photo
1 hour ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service