Pat Robertson: "If you reject science, you're going to lose your ch...

As a result, I'm not entirely sure that evolution is true anymore.

Tags: I don't know whether to be excited or terrified, Pat Robertson, Young Earth Creationism, evolution

Views: 219

Replies to This Discussion

I hope he doesn't come out of the closet now as a proud gay man.

I think that's his next move. : )

Lets not gather outside his house chanting "One of us.  One of us.  One of us." just yet

We'll know when he joins Nexus.

Sometimes when you get old & senile, or have a stroke in the wrong part of your brain, the inhibitory filter that keeps you from saying things you  'shouldn't'  say (yes dear, that dress does make you look fat, that's because you are ... oops, did I just say that out loud?) gets compromised and you start just saying what you think, instead of what you think you ought to say.

Maybe Pat has always known he was spewing BS, but now can't keep the lid on tight. Maybe someone could devise a strategy based on this premise to try and get him to admit that he's known all along that his schtick was crap. Now that would make great TV.

I'll believe that when he finally admits that he's been a piece of human shit these past... how old is he?

Pat usually puts his foot in his mouth, and we can all be very thankful that he was not elected president a few years ago like Christians had hoped for. I've heard that he is often going to Africa to check on his diamond mine.

The striking part of this article to me is that this woman is concerned that her husband rejects the fact that the Bible says nothing about dinosaurs. This is totally rediculous! Why do Christians assume that "if it is true, it will say so in the Bible?" Why is the Bible a "tell all history book" with an "unbroken chain of events?" Non Catholics except the dating system of Bishop Usher without question. Do they also except the exact day and time he says the earth was created? It all simply becomes insane!

That is the same Pat Robertson whose CBN University students picketed my house in Virginia Beach and threatened the lives of my baby son and (then) wife, over my freethinking computer BBS in the early Nineties.

I have neither forgiven nor forgotten that, and if he is allegedly supporting evolution, I don't trust him.

I also note that many years ago Orson Scott Card in "Secular Humanist Revival" said the same thing, that the best of your children will not follow you if you continue to deny scientific truths. He is not even a good plagiarist (Card specifically aimed that remark at Robertson).

He's giving a bad name to evolution. 

"Christie, something happened a long time ago, in the Galapagos Islands, and people might not wanna talk about it.  They were under the heel of the finches, and they got together and swore a pact to Darwin.  They said, 'We will serve you, if you'll get us speciated from the monkeys.'  True story.  And so Darwin said, 'Okay, it's a deal.'  And ever since, they've evolved."

Awww, crap.  We don't need him as a proponent.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service