‘Pastafarian’ man wins right to wear pasta strainer in driving licence photo

In today’s day and age, we all need to celebrate the small victories, no matter how weird they may be. That’s why we should all congratulate the Austrian man who has won the right to wear a pasta strainer on his head in his driving license photo.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/07/16/pastafarian-man-wins-right-to-wear-pa...

Views: 77

Replies to This Discussion

Something tells me that if I went to the Driver's License Bureau here I'd be taken to the mental ward for "observation" if I showed up with a colander on my head.

Blessed be Thy noodles!

Thinly veiled reference to the Flying Spaghetti Monster?

I remember reading about Niko Alm... and he's not the only one!

Last year Eddie Castillo of Texas got his photo for a temporary driver's license taken with a colander, though officials were planning to contact him to "rectify" the situation.

And a New Zealand man named Russell was interviewed after his driver's license photo went viral on Facebook.

“I am complying in every respect to the New Zealand law, specifically concerning driver licences,” says Russell. “And I am simply claiming the same privileges awarded to those who claim to believe in a magic man in the sky.”

This is just priceless! Ridicule is appropriate and effective as a political statement. Good for Russell! I award him the medal of  Wisdom Under Duress! 

Thanks Grinning Cat! 

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service