Osama bin Laden has been killed in a mansion within a multi-building complex in Pakistan near Islamabad by American Navy Seals.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_bin_laden

http://www.cnn.com/WORLD/

Comprehensive coverage is at:

http://news.discovery.com/history/osama-bin-laden-killed-110502.html

Tags: Jubinsky, Laden., Osama, bin

Views: 98

Replies to This Discussion

Yep, hiding in the nation of a supposed ally while we are still in nations uninvolved in any violence against us.  And they apparently buried him at sea, meaning crazy right wingers will say it is a fraud.

That's why they took a bunch of pictures and videos and got his DNA.  Of course, that will mean little to the conspiracy loons.

Osama's alive and well in Argentina - send money, arms and a kidney dialysis unit..

WooHoo!! Cheers to the Seals who got him. If they were here I'd buy them a drink, or three. :)
How many lives does this guy have?
good riddence to bad rubbish.
they should track down the whole family.
Even the innocent ones ? And where do you draw the line on who is family or not ?

And there's already a shirt to commemorate this event:

http://www.tshirthell.com/funny-shirts/got-him-bin-laden-is-dead/

Isnt capitalism great : Someone dies, lets make money out of it.

Am I the ONLY person around here who thinks that shooting an unarmed man in the head (twice) was a bit overboard. Listening to O'bomber extolling how wonderful America is and how we all worship the same god really did it for me; but not in nice way.

Seems to me that Western foreign policy created the problem - it's like Vietnam all over again only a global scale.

Bin-Laden was a prize prick, responsible for who knows how many deaths... BUT does that give us the right to kill him when he posed no immediate threat to those sent to get him?

Yeah, when I heard he wasn't armed I got to wondering how he could "resist" enough to justify killing him.  The man needed dialysis and I'm thinking he wasn't a ninja or archmage.
Every breath that man took was an insult to our species. Killing him upon finding him was the only righteous thing to do. It shows that we can't/won't tolerate his brand of bullshit.

Killing people who are crazy and do horrible things is an insult to our species too.  We lock them up and protect everyone, but just killing someone without a trial is wrong in my book.

Considering who he is, that would have been a slam dunk trial.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

Latest Activity

Atheist in FundyLand replied to Steph S.'s discussion Nepal's killing fields: FIVE THOUSAND buffalo lie slaughtered at the beginning of Hindu ceremony for hindu goddess
7 minutes ago
Atheist in FundyLand replied to Steph S.'s discussion Nepal's killing fields: FIVE THOUSAND buffalo lie slaughtered at the beginning of Hindu ceremony for hindu goddess
26 minutes ago
Michael Penn replied to Visvakarman Svetasvatara-Upanish's discussion Do you guys know what tomorrow is?
28 minutes ago
Atheist in FundyLand replied to Thomas Pietrocarli's discussion What if God revealed himself to you?
30 minutes ago
Patricia replied to Visvakarman Svetasvatara-Upanish's discussion Do you guys know what tomorrow is?
39 minutes ago
Atheist in FundyLand replied to Thomas Pietrocarli's discussion What if God revealed himself to you?
42 minutes ago
The Flying Atheist replied to Visvakarman Svetasvatara-Upanish's discussion Do you guys know what tomorrow is?
45 minutes ago
Patricia replied to Visvakarman Svetasvatara-Upanish's discussion Do you guys know what tomorrow is?
48 minutes ago
The Flying Atheist replied to Visvakarman Svetasvatara-Upanish's discussion Do you guys know what tomorrow is?
49 minutes ago
The Flying Atheist commented on Ruth Anthony-Gardner's group Hang With Friends
51 minutes ago
Bud the Wonderer posted a blog post
1 hour ago
Michael Penn replied to Matt Gabe's discussion Atheists who preach religion and theists who preach atheism
1 hour ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service