OREGON CITY, Ore. (AP) — A couple who prayed and rubbed olive oil on their sick infant rather than seek medical care for the dying boy was convicted Thursday of manslaughter, becoming the latest members of an Oregon faith-healing church to be blamed in their child's death.

http://news.yahoo.com/oregon-couple-found-guilty-faith-healing-tria...

It's about time!  I feel so sorry kids with parents like these. 

Views: 22

Replies to This Discussion

This is literally a crying shame. The sickest part of all this is that not one mention of the anguish the parents feel for losing their son. "Its gods will." Really people? If I believed, at that point is when i scream a big eff you to my sky daddy. Just as sickening is the defences religious persecution stance. Sure you can willfully contribute to the death of your child as long as you have some theistic faith that states its okay. Effing azz holes.

That being said, I have to research more in depth to see what the parents really said. Nothing against anyone on Atheists Nexus, but the media and other interested parties may leave things out. If I wanted to believe everything at face value, I'd be a theist.
I have read several stories about this and they are all pretty much like this one.  The mom makes me sickest.  "I can't go against my man.  God says so."  She lives in America not Afghanistan.  She could have made that call if she wanted to.  She just doesn't want to share the jail time so she's laying all the blame on her husband.  *shakes head*

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

MJ

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service