10 minutes with … Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar
By Dena Ross

NEW YORK (RNS) Octomom Nadya Suleman and Jon and Kate Gosselin have it easy compared to Michelle and Jim Bob Duggar, the Arkansas couple that heads the ever-expanding family of TLC’s “18 Kids and Counting.” She’s currently pregnant with baby number 19.

The Duggars, who are conservative Baptists, shun all forms of family planning, believing that God will give them as many “blessings” as he sees fit. Since early in their marriage, the couple has left the size of their family in God’s hands.

http://www.religionnews.com/index.php?/tenminutes/10_minutes_with_j...

Tags: children, christianity, family

Views: 130

Replies to This Discussion

Easy. Just put your kids on public display, and you'll get money.

I feel sorry for the children in this litter, er, family. They can't possibly be receiving the parental care they need.
My dad was one of 10. At one point for a couple of years, he and 3 of his brothers lived with an uncle near by. This would have been in the throes of the depression, I think.

They never went hungry but he's still not a big fan of cornbread.
"Since early in their marriage, the couple has left the size of their family in God’s hands."
So they do not make their important decisions in their lives. That´s mature.
Have they considered that the world has a overpopulation problem right now?
Update...the 19th child was born prematurely. I got sick to my stomach because I know for sure now that the 20th is on the way...

@Malena (OMG I saw an Italian film with your name as the title!)
They don't care...Isn't it disturbing how seriously they took "be fruitful and multiply?" If ever you get seriously bored, do a bit of math:

Duggar Generation One: 2 parents = 19 kids. Assume that Michelle Duggar can't have any more.

Assume that the Duggars' decision to homeschool their kids ensures that each child is successfully brainwashed to believe that their individual reproductive output will be stopped only by God.

Now add the condition that each child grows up and marries someone with similar brainwashing. All marry at age 18.

You don't even want to know how many additional people will be added to the global population by the 3rd generation.
I haven´t seen that movie yet. I was named after a tango song.
Hopelly some of them will fall in love with someone outside the community. Or may be we need to try to hit them with fossils, that worked with Darwin (fossils didn´t hit him but close).
Forget Cupid's Arrow...toe-knuckle of a T-Rex? Awww yeah.
Better, the pinky toe of a Argentinosaurus.

Glenn, you are my hero of the day.

Is this woman ever not pregnant for more than 5 minutes?
No.

Does anyone know how old she is? If she can have children well into her early 60's...
Michelle Annette (née Ruark) - born September 13, 1966 (age 43) (-- from the Wiki so bring the grains of salt, too)

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service