Obedient wives club: Good sex to keep hubby happy, curb social ills

A new organisation is stirring up controversy in Malaysia.

[The Obedient Wives Club] launched on Saturday, says it can cure social ills such as prostitution and divorce by teaching women to be submissive and keep their men happy in the bedroom. "Islam compels us to be obedient to our husband. Whatever he says, I must follow. It is a sin if I don't obey and make him happy," said Ummu.

Just wondering, but is female submission the only thing that makes men happy and keeps societies afloat? You hear this argument again and again all over the world, and the saddest thing is when you hear it coming from women.

Story

Tags: muslim, obedient wives, submission, women

Views: 289

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

I think you need a course in sarcasm and satire. This is the Atheist News Forum where we make fun of religious wackos. 

So it is okay for me to make misogynist jokes on this forum?
Sandy, Prog Rock Girl, TNT666, Dr Kellie....none of them will take offense?
Fantastic.
What do you tell a woman with two black eyes?
Nothing. You already told her twice!
Hey, its a joke, right? Of course, it would be absurd to assume that I actually believe that, so no one could possibly be offended.

I dont trust you, especially people who try to put me down because of a blanket statement that they are smarter.

Perhaps you should look up http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhetoric

M.

I wonder how much money a guy has to make to get a woman that won't mind being pushed around, is privately sleezy (but not unseemly so), doesn't mind the guy having several other wives, do all the housework, raise the kids and wear that burka crap.  If it were me, Bill Gates would need a second job to get me to do all that.  Maybe a third and fourth job. 

My dh would have to be really, really drunk to ask that of me.  If he were very, very drunk, he might forget that I am in charge.  (Just kidding, but I know a lot of guys feel their wives are really the boss). 

The Obedient Wives' Club also advocates the wives acting like "whores" in bed. So let's get this straight: be  completely pure and antisexual until the minute you get married, suddenly be an accommodating sex freak (because years of negative reinforcement don't make a difference), but again appear pure and antisexual to the outside world. You are expected to flawlessly fill completely contradictory roles. And of course, anything men do is their wife's fault. If women look at another man, though, that's their own fault.

As much as I am not a fan of "look, the West is no better!" there have been a few psuedofeminist books like The Rules and The Surrendered Wife that had pretty much the same mindset: let the man take 100% control over money and sex, and be easy to live with (in other words, obedient, never arguing) to have a happy marriage. Of course it's easier when one person is dominant over the other, but that doesn't mean it's better. People just can't take the challenge of a relationship of equals I guess.

"She's everything a woman should be, a whore in the kitchen and an angel in the bedroom."

"I'm sure you have that reversed."

"Not last night, I didn't."

'The Rules' and 'The Surrendered Wife'?  I didn't think those were intended as even pseudo-feminism.  Who considers them such?
The writers of these books call themselves feminists.
I think you're missing a joke, somewhere.  These writers are just to subtle for you.  :-D

"And of course, anything men do is their wife's fault." -Prog Rock Girl.

Where does this assertion come from?

I frequently see examples of women blaming men (the "patriarchy") instead of taking responsibility for their own choices.  And its typical these days to see men blamed when their wives or girlfriends commit horrible crimes (such as the woman who recently drowned her children in her mini-van).  But I don't see any tendency in society for women to be blamed for men's actions.  Could you cite some examples?

You really good at taking things out of context and then demanding an explanation.  I am sorry you failed reading comprehension 101.

Perhaps you could explain to me how "And of course, anything men do is their wife's fault." was meant in some way other than to suggest that men blame women for their own actions?  You seem to think your reading comprehension is superior to mine, so enlighten me.

And by the way, my reading comprehension test scores on my SAT, ACT, and GMAT were in the top 5%.   Your insult is rather silly. 

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service