We need to have a fully produced cd of great music that will appeal to humanists, atheists, rationalists but most of all people who passionately enjoy music with reasonable expectations about life and death... there is the question of funding , We have 32 years plus in the music/entertainment biz.

If you have any interest in be part of this major project and transformation, please contact me.  I know you are out there either with funds or with talent, who agree our message must be heard, musically , just like the gospel and Christian acts especially.

Many thanks for taking the time to read this and considering it.

Our new Beta site http://www.themusicumbrella.net

Views: 214

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

I think that's a tall order, not sure there's an 'atheist music' per se that will encompass all our musical tastes.

See below Gareth.. I was thinking of a compilation first .. and we can and should have many different genres of music.

thanks .. MORE  ideas please

Les Athées Napoléonienne

Les règlements sont faits pour les médiocres et les indécis ; rien de grand ne se fait sans l'imagination.

Napoleon Bonaparte

Les Athées Napoléonienne

Feature - Punk Rock Anarchiste Francais

Bien sur !!

je l'aime .. 

I was thinking of a compilation first .. and we can have many different genres of music.

See how many of these album covers below are of the religious nature.

We can make this happen. The talent is there, here . Time for free thinkers to make a musical statement.

http://blog.tastebuds.fm/worst-album-covers-of-all-time/

Please more feedback

I'm not even sure if these cross-posted threads are within the rules and guidelines of this site.

Is this intended to be a means of raising funds for one of the various secular non-profit groups?

If not, how is this not spam?

Not spam because I want this community to help put this together !

We need music to help our message. If you don't agree, so be it.

Spam is selling something we don't want.  I'm not part of any secular non profit group. Just an atheist/ humanist who wants music to be part of our collective message. I guess if you don't want to participate

then Richard, please block my posts on this subject, which is simply trying to enlighten and  trying to spread the "gospel." If you have more of a problem then contact me directly and we can discuss like civilised people.

Thank you others for being proactive and contacting me directly. I love it . 

"We need music to help our message. If you don't agree, so be it."

Where did I not agree? Further, I already support the type of thing you are trying to sell here. It already exists and I might add, is transparent as to "where the money goes".

"Spam is selling something we don't want.  I'm not part of any secular non profit group. Just an atheist/ humanist who wants music to be part of our collective message. I guess if you don't want to participate"

Where does the money go?

" If you have more of a problem then contact me directly and we can discuss like civilised people."

Transparency is better, I have nothing to hide.

I like the implication that my reply to you (above) isn't civilized.

Still, you've already demonstrated that you either haven't read the site posting rules and guidelines (do read carefully the rules concerning spam), or you're just ignoring them.

Please don't try to further demonize me for asking questions that are quite germane to the discussion. You'll find that I defend myself against intellectually dishonest attacks, I've been an atheist (and a professional musician) for too many decades to have not figured out how.

• Are you recording people at your studio, out of pocket; or charging a fee?
  • Who is going to distribute, publish, etc.?
  • Where will the money go?

These are all honest questions, and asked quite civilly, without even the need to bold text.

First of all, this will be a non profit venture.

I have laid it out here in this forum because of the lack of music which reflects the humanist point of view.  This is a work in progress.

I have already received several e mails and p ms from people who wish to help make this a reality... We need help from all sectors of the business and creative types.

I will not get into a a pissing match with you, a professional musician , a cynical person, who assumes to know everything about this alturistic possible endevour.

Consider this, if you want to help and know more details as this is just starting to come together then PM me, as suggested before if not, our public conversation is over.

Good luck with your career.

"I have laid it out here in this forum because of the lack of music which reflects the humanist point of view."

There already exists such music:

• Aiden
  • Words Such As Burn
  • Dan Barker
  • Roy Zimmerman
  • Shelley Segal
  • Björk
  • Baba Brinkman
  • Ani Defranco
  • This is a very long list…

"I will not get into a a pissing match with you, a professional musician , a cynical person, who assumes to know everything about this alturistic possible endeavor."

Nice how you contradict yourself in a single sentence there, Glenn. Do note, I have not attacked you personally a single time (and still won't), presumed any "knowledge" of your plan (other than what can be gleaned from your commercial site link), or offered a single cynical comment, I've just asked questions.

"Consider this, if you want to help and know more details as this is just starting to come together then PM me, as suggested before if not, our public conversation is over."

Wrong, if you think you can insult someone publicly and finish up with a "STFU", no matter how thinly veiled it is, perhaps you need to rethink what you define as "civil".

One suggestion: if you are going to link posts to your commercial website concerning "this endeavor"; have something there that is relevant to your project. All I can find at your site FAQ (or anywhere else) is:

My question wasn't cynicism, or assumption, it was honest skepticism based on information you provided, …period. There is no information on your linked commercial website related to your "alturistic possible endeavor"; so why post the link?

Lacking any relevance in the commercial link, I asked an honest question based on the rules of this site concerning "cross-posting" and "spam". In particular; rule 9-c (spam definitions) and guideline 4 (cross-posting)

As well, at this point you should also consider rule 3-a (concerning ad hominem attacks), and the guideline 10, especially guideline -10 with regards to my original question, which states:

Atheist Nexus is largely a user driven community. It is expected for members to assist each other to ensure these guidelines are implemented and followed to maintain site standards. These guidelines are not intended to stifle communication, but rather to encourage a healthy and respectful culture for all users, and minimize disruptive posting practices.

As I'm probably not the only one to notice that your commercial link had absolutely no mention of this "project", my asking you publicly (while providing you with a relevant link) was not an attempt to stop you from your project, but to clarify intent and perhaps make it clear on your linked commercial website that this is an actual project.

and your website  sez what ? How many millions of cds sold ? Who you have worked with ? Gimmie a break , you should bite your lip. You are so wrong , I'm laughing....

This will be a labor of love once the money is place with the talent, great songs from different genres. ( BTW My website has not been updated in a year and will soon reflect my commercial coming out party with this awe inspiring music.)

Atheism /humanism has room for ego maniacs, congratulations !!!

I will succeed in making my first , non profit, compilation cd with new music by humanists and naturalists. I'm affraid once again you will not be asked or pick to play on it because of your cynical, mean spirited ,presumptious attitude. 

But no matter, I raise my glass to someone who has to be right. .

Thanks again for pointifcating and  good luck with your career. You obviously have  had a real big one of being a cynic and a skillful annoyance to others !! . I'm impressed with your "red" letter skills. Man , you are a good detective and a wiz on this site.. Bollocks !

Again , if you want to discuss any of this, PM me. I will no longer answer your taunts .

Actually I take it back for just one more time I will respond, FUCK YOU and even funnier , GOD DAMN YOU. :)

Jesus loves even the meek.   : ()  ( laughing , good riddance bub )  

Nice to see you reveal your true self...

There are no taunts, just valid questions.

No pontificating, just valid questions.

No cynicism, just valid questions.

No profanity, insults or personal attacks.

Too bad you can't say the same.

BTW: 

Todd Stiefel's band, Words Such As Burn, has an EP out.

It can be purchased here.

55% of all proceeds are being donated to Secular Student Alliance

Todd is also the guy who provided the funding for the Reason Rally and Rock Beyond Belief.

RSS

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service