Has anyone ever counted how many anticipated Judgement Days have been and gone? there must have been hundreds of them by now, but they still keep coming.

The latest is, apparently, soon to be upon us. According to Family Radio (which also predicted the end of the world in 1994), "On May 21, 2011 two events will occur… A great earthquake (that) will be so powerful it will throw open all graves. The remains of the all the believers who have ever lived will be instantly transformed into glorified spiritual bodies to be forever with God.

"On the other hand the bodies of all unsaved people will be thrown out upon the ground to be shamed. The inhabitants who survive this terrible earthquake will exist in a world of horror and chaos beyond description."

Better start believing, folks. Time's running out.

Full story

Tags: Family Radio, Judgement Day, Rapture

Views: 46

Replies to This Discussion

I, for one, feel completely prepared for the Zombie Z-Day.  I thought it was coming in 2012, but I guess from this description, it's this Saturday.  No worries.

Yeah, atheist groups are having parties on the 21st or 22nd, all over the country.

I hope the fallout from the missed prophesy will be well covered by the media.  We need to document the lives of the people who have given up everything to preach the message at the end.  It will be a powerful message against religion ... or at least the fundamentalist sort.

I thought they just open their arms and fly to Jesus in sky and let us alone on the planet.
I'm gonna throw a big party with Doomsday cake and streamers. Remember have fun, and keep rolling.
I posted a short list at newgt.com

Not sure how long I will keep it up, so please save a copy.

That's an impressive list, and I suppose it just goes to show that it's practically a part of human nature to think the world's coming to an end.

There was a guy called Charles Taylor in your list who predicted the end of the world 12 times, and I was interested to know whether anyone believed him after he failed to get it right the first few times, so I did a quick google search and found this post from a rapture forum:

Though Dr. Charles Taylor is now with the Lord, his books and tapes still inspire me in my walk with the Lord. His book Get All Excited, Jesus Is Coming Soon, inspired thousands in their walk with the Lord. His prediction that the Antichrist could come from Spain was right on the nose as Javier Solana is the big force behind the peace negotiations between Israel and the Arabs today. Also, he encouraged me to watch for the Lord's very soon appearing by his fundamental, prophetic teaching. Those who knew him loved him. He is sadly missed by the thousands who knew him.

Seems like there's never any shortage of end-of-the-world prophecies, and never any shortage of gullible people to take them seriously,

Yeah, after reading about people like that, I don't know whether to laugh or be sad.

I brew beer. about 6 months ago I did this especialy dark triple bach (9+%!).

and put it away for aging. without knowing at the time about brother harolds newest prediction I called it "apocolips ale".....coincidence?!?! ...you be the judge.

good timing though...hu?!?!

should be just about ready for the party!

It's tempting to go with my uncle's suggestion of piles of burnt clothes (to represent those who have been raptured) in churchyards and observe the reactions :)
That's a brilliant idea - everyone who sees them will think they got left behind. lol.
Pardon the source but here's a sample of what's going on: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/05/14/new-york-man-spends-life-savin... There are some financial opportunities for us these next few days.

And there we have an answer to the age-old question, "what harm does religious belief do?"

A similar idea I heard elsewhere (I forget where) was to get any clothes you no longer have any use for, and leave piles of them in random locations (each pile consisting of enough to dress a person, including footwear).  With each pile you leave a note which says something like, "the rapture is a myth; the need for clothing is real - give this to someone who needs it".

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service