It was just a matter of time before some loudmouthed, ignorant fundamentalist — Pat Robertson or one of his ilk — opened his mouth and stuck his foot in it. This time the short straw from the short bus was Senior pastor Cho Yong-gi of Yoido Full Gospel Church, a Pentecostal church on Yeouido (Yoi Island) in Seoul, South Korea.

I fear that this disaster may be warnings from God against the Japanese people’s atheism and materialism.

I hope that these series of events will drive the Japanese to turn their eyes towards God.

Click the links for more info, or check out my blog entry for my further commentary.

Tags: Cho Yong-gi, Japan, Korea, Yoido Full Gospel Church, asshole, atheism, blog, earthquake, fundamentalist, materialism

Views: 36

Replies to This Discussion

No, I don't think she's a Poe.  I just can't freaking believe that she isn't, either.

I find either possibility impossible to believe.

This was posted in the comments on Facebook.  http://i.imgur.com/wwHZU.png
You sure that wasn't just a patch-together job, though?  Either way, she has a grotesque number of Christians who comment in her channel and slobber all over her.
I need the original citation of where you found the quote for my own column.
Dave Rosman
Dave@InkandVoice.com
InkandVoice.wordpress.com

It's linked in the story.

The Korea Herald

By the way, I like your site. Nice blog, although it's so nice I feel like I shouldn't use the word "blog."
I like!

By the way, Hugh, I wrote about the crazy Blue Devils guy too, and I linked back to your blog. I thought of another take on it. I just thought of something else too. I may need to go back and add something to that one.

This is not a surprise to anyone. I encountered a smaller version of this just last week when a family friend passed away who was a good man, who was also a Baptist and was someone who no one could say a bad word about. The minister at the funeral said, "People are asking why? Why did such a good, good man have to be taken? I have no good answer except that it was the lords will and clearly it was his time." Typical Christian excuses. When something bad happens to good people, it was God's will and he has a plan. When something bad happens to people who do not have the same beliefs, God is punishing them. The one answer I have yet to hear though is the third scenario as to why there are so many powerful and wealthy people in the world who are not christian and mot of them dictators who do bad. They got no answer for that one.

Yep, She was a troll

I don't care whether she's a troll, indulging in Poe or what.  Honshu is looking at over 10,000 dead or missing at this point, half a million displaced, and those numbers are going nowhere but UP.  For ANYONE to praise god about this business, whether in jest or in fact is nothing short of despicable.  This is the kind of crap I would expect of the Westboro Baptist Church: no empathy, no understanding, just the whole "I'm right, you're wrong" crap that we've come to know of them.

This is a whole new territory ... which I have no desire to be within a light-year of.

This is the kind of crap I would expect of the Westboro Baptist Church: no empathy, no understanding, just the whole "I'm right, you're wrong" crap that we've come to know of them.

And that is what she was mocking.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service