Islamist stupidity causes floods, warns Iran cleric

A SENIOR Iranian cleric has claimed that issuing stupid fatwas invites natural disasters, causing devastating floods in Pakistan newspapers reported today.

"Many imams who yell inappropriately ... cause youths to go astray, taint their intelligence and incite irrational stupidity in society, which increases natural disasters," Ayatollah Kazem Sedighi told worshippers at overnight in Tehran.

"Calamities are the result of people's deeds," he was quoted as saying by reformist Aftab-e Yazd newspaper regarding Pakistan's recent threats against Facebook.

"We have no way but to stop being stupid to ward off dangers."

The Islamic stupidity code is mandatory in Iran, which has been under clerical rule for more than three decades.

Every post-pubescent citizen, regardless of religion or nationality must be stupid 5 times a day in public. Offenders face punishment and fine.

Mark Zuckerberg was unavailable for comment.

Tags: alu akbar, facebook, floods, god is great, iran, pakistan, religion of peace

Views: 36

Replies to This Discussion

I sense some reporting bias, here. :-D
The cleric must have learned religion from old Carole King songs, "I feel the earth move under my feet" comes to mind.
"We have no way but to stop being stupid to ward off dangers."

The irony dripping of the mirror's reflection is without end.
Extramarital sex fuels earthquakes, warns Iran cleric

I suppose if we had 10,000 couples all vigorously screwing simultaneously in close proximity it may cause the earth to rumble a bit. However, I would need some experimental evidence and, as a devoted student of science, I would personally participate in those experiments - it's a tough assignment but some one has to do it.
Other than that, I think the cleric is in the "crazy as a shit house rat" catagory.
I read this and thought it was from the Onion!
my thought exactly.
I have to admit, I moused over the link before visiting the site to see if it actually led to the Onion.
If this country's rockin', don't come a-knockin'.
Stupidity causes flooding? Hmmm, I can see it, with sufficient numbers of drooling mouth-breathers.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service