http://www.courthousenews.com/2010/10/22/31283.htm

Richard Dawkins is suing Josh Timonen for embezzling money from the charity.

Would have thought this was posted here already but not.

Is Atheist Nexus losing activity and interest?  Ever since the front page doesn't show the recent blogs and discussion posts, I have visited less and have not been interested much. Is it me or does anyone else feel the same way?

Tags: Josh, Timonen, dawkins

Views: 9

Replies to This Discussion

I posted this in the Richard Dawkins group. Didn't thin to post it here as well.
I saw this news last night on rationalskeptism.org - looked on A|N to see if there was anything last night and nothing and again nothing this morning.

Actually, first saw the news on Twitter which seems to be the news source feed today. Maybe that is what has happened to A|N.
Jesus... I'm pretty sure Richard Dawkins dedicated one of his books to that guy. At the AAI convention a couple of years back he was really fond of him, I remember that.

That's just some bullshit right there.
Yes, RD was quite fond of him. I thought he was creepy and stuck up all along.

At least it is just money at this point. Remember the Madalyn Murray O'Hair and her family? Money makes people do bad things.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madalyn_Murray_O%27Hair
Is Atheist Nexus losing activity and interest? Ever since the front page doesn't show the recent blogs and discussion posts, I have visited less and have not been interested much. Is it me or does anyone else feel the same way?

It hasn't effected me. I always link in from group and thread updates by e-mail. I never even touch the main page.
I tried that but was getting way too much emails.
Eh, only 30 to 50 a day, most days. Most of them will be from 3 or 4 threads, so I can group-mark them as read and read the updates to the thread all in one go. It's not too much to deal with in 20 or 30 minutes.
I subscribed to the RSS feed and keep up with this news group, Google news, and a handful of blogs that way. I have been less involved lately as the news picked up on Google has not been worth sharing here and I've been keeping busy with work and my blog.
I asked there as a question in a response to saying I posted this news in the atheist news group and didn't see it in the activity on the side. It is posted nowhere else. If I didn't see that comment on Dawkins group, I would not have posted a comment there since this is news.

I never saw an explanation on why the front page had the blogs and the recent group discussion removed. I am lazy and don't like to search for stuff on here.
Wow. Just... wow.

I have to admit... I'd feel a bit more sympathy if Dawkins (or whoever wrote his 18-page write-up) hadn't described himself as "the world's best known and most respected atheist." I mean, true or not, talk about having an ego...

That said... Timonen is the one who screwed up the the forums. I hope Dawkins talks about this.

Also... I do hope Dawkins wins the case and gets the money he asked for.
He kinda address the lawsuit.

http://joshtimonen.com/
I've been less busy because I went back to school and I'm working a full time job and trying to have a life. One too many things right now.

And wow, 278 grand to run an online store? I'm in the wrong damn business! Why do I have the feeling this is going to get ugly?

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

MJ

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service