Bare breasts vs. neighbour's ATV

TORONTO - Marika De Florio is using bare breasts to win a feud with her neighbours.

The 56-year-old says she is sick and tired of her neighbours' five-year-old grandson driving a loud all-terrain vehicle for hours on her quiet street in Seeley's Bay, near Kingston. So she found a solution under her shirt.

De Florio has discovered that if she goes out topless, the boy's horrified grandparents rush the child into the house. [...]

Tags: brats, hero, pool balls in a sock, puritans, wowsers

Views: 82

Replies to This Discussion

Well then that sarcasm could have used a qualifier.

Having been on this site for a while and gotten to know Felch's posts I figured (hoped) he was being sarcastic. But knowing him is the only way I guessed that. Too many guys think of it as absolute truth. I'm Autistic and even I would know that something that close to how so many people really, unfortunately feel, needs a better qualifier to flag it as sarcasm.
I sign my emails with "smilies are for reetards". It grieves me that our linguistic, empathic and comprehensive skills have degraded to the point you have to put "warning" labels on everything out of fear for hurt feelings. On the upside, it is a handy way to work out who has a grip on reality and who doesn't. I never seem to offend the former, so I as far as that goes I am pure and guilt free.
It grieves me that our linguistic, empathic and comprehensive skills have degraded to the point you have to put "warning" labels on everything out of fear for hurt feelings.

But there's another, more appealing and compelling reason for smilies. The loss of emotional information we had with face-to-face or phone conversation.
If I want to hear people talk, I'll go to the pub.
@Felch: If I want to hear people talk, I get off the computer. Oh, wait ...
sacha: whatever... like i care. there was absolutely no indication of sarcasm (which is pretty easy to indicate, btw), and since i don't know the guy, why would i assume he was being sarcastic? the other thread morphed into a gender-thing (thanks to felch)... and after all that, i didn't find his comment to be funny. at all. kinda like rape jokes. if i started dissing men (in the spirit of sarcasm), i bet it would piss some people off.

just b/c my perception (and experience) of life is different than the average GUY'S, doesn't make me wrong, or, as you say.... a fool.
just b/c my perception (and experience) of life is different than the average GUY'S, doesn't make me wrong, or, as you say.... a fool.

Then you won't have a problem with the fact that Sacha is a female.
not at all. it doesn't matter to me.
Sacha: This was part of an ongoing argument between these Amy and Felch. Also, I seem to remember you being pretty sensitive about vegetarian jokes.
You remember incorrectly, PRG. I'm not the sensitive type. I have discussed vegetarianism, and been uncompromising, but I laugh at the humour. There have been numerous people who have made jokes at the expense of vegetarians and vegans here, including plenty from felch. I usually find them quite funny, and you need to realise that in my 26 years of being a vegetarian, there are not many I haven't heard a thousand times, sometimes one just has to laugh, plus I save my energy for much more important things.

I read the other thread, and I plan to comment there too. It was obviously sarcasm here - no qualifier needed. It was also funny.

Felch isn't the "average guy" and the majority of women from the US have difficulty understanding sarcasm, and irony. That isn't felch's problem, it's yours.

Yes, Amy you look foolish.

and if you made jokes about men, most men would laugh. US television is saturated with jokes at the expense of men, but make a sarcastic joke about women, and the hysterics start.
maybe it's not that we don't understand sarcasm; maybe we don't like it. and maybe that's not a problem at all. and, unlike you, maybe some of us are the sensitive type. and... i see plenty of irony in this group.

your last paragraph is a generalization. not every man is "most men", and i'm not "most women". get over the fact that not everyone shares your humor (or felch's), nor do they aspire to. everyone's free to their own opinion on here.... i don't have to think like you, and i sure as hell don't expect (or even want) you to think like me.

if you think i look so foolish, do us both a favor and stop reading my posts.
get over the fact that not everyone shares your humor (or felch's)

There is a difference between not sharing one's humour and not understanding that it is humour.

A man says something about a woman and you are ready to pounce on him for misogany. It makes you look ridiculous when you get hysterical and it wasn't even a serious statement.

Women can take care of themselves. They don't need you jumping to defend them at every turn.

if you think i look so foolish, do us both a favor and stop reading my posts.

now that is funny

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service