Hate ideologies: EDL and the Norwegian cultural conservative movement

Peter Beaumont (from the Guardian) has picked out some extracts from the thoughts of shooter Anders Behring Breivik posted on Document.no. You can read an English translation of the full document here.

On "hate ideologies":

Islam(ism) has historically led to 300 million deaths
Communism has historically led to 100 million deaths
Nazism has historically led to 6-20 million deaths
ALL hate ideologies should be treated equally.

On the failure of the Progress Party:

The vast majority of new faces in the Progress Party are now politically correct career politicians and not in any way idealists who are willing to take risks and work for idealistic goals.

On Norway's Marxists:

I have great respect for how the Marxist-humanist networks in Norway are able to use their power through "force Multiplication" and cooperation. They are insanely hard-working, skilled in the consolidation the right has a lot to learn from them.

In Norway and Sweden extreme Marxist attitudes have become acceptable/everyday while the old-established truths of patriotism and cultural conservatism today are branded as extremism.

On his fear that Oslo west will become majority Muslim:

There are political forces in Oslo who want to mass subsidised and low cost "Islam-blocks" in Oslo West for "better integration"... If this ever becomes the case, most of Oslo West will move to Bærum (and most will eventually follow).

On his discussion with English Defence League members:

I have on some occasions discussed with … the EDL and recommended them to use conscious strategies. The tactics of the EDL is to "entice" an overreaction from Jihad Youth/Extreme-Marxists something they have succeeded several times already.

His five year plan:

The agenda of the Norwegian cultural conservative movement over the next 5 years are therefore:

1. Newspaper with national distribution
2. Work for control of several NGOs
3. Norwegian EDL

Views: 78

Replies to This Discussion

this development is truly not good. backlash like this is never productive.
It's funny how the Muslims and 'conservatives' hate each other yet are so similar.
These 2 conservative Wiki pages sound quite close to the  terror manifesto  

It's interesting that they can pull those numbers out of a hat like that.  I wonder if they can't just group the #killed under "people killed by hatge ideologies" or "people killed by racial ideologies". 

I un derstand the growing european discomfort with the spread of Islam.  I think in the US we can't really appreciate it because it's not as prevalent.  What we do have is growing anti-immigrant feeling, which is a somewhat similar.

So is he being sarcastic about the hate ideology thing? Oh right, 6-20 million deaths is miniscule.

Jason Torpy blogs on Breivick being a Christian terrorist:

http://www.examiner.com/atheism-in-national/the-fundamentalist-chri...

Sam Harris blogs on Breivick not being such a xtian terrorist. http://www.samharris.org/blog/item/christian-terrorism-and-islamoph...

I tend to agree with Harris that, while Breivik is a Christian, he seems to be more motivated by his xenophobia, using his childhood Christianity as a justification. He seems more like a neo-Nazi than someone who evangelically wanted to save souls.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service