No, it isn’t the second coming. But, if you saw a man carrying a cross Jesus-style this week along Route 1A, you weren’t seeing things.

A man named Tom Helling is walking from Maine to Mexico carrying a giant, wooden cross, in much the same way it’s believed Jesus carried one, except Heller’s rolls on wheels attached at the back. He’s created such a buzz, you can track his journey through the police logs, at least here in the Northeast. [More...]

Views: 7

Replies to This Discussion

So, let me get this straight...Helling's sign from god resulted in him quitting the booze and carrying out a transcontinental walk with a human-sized cross? Now assuming this god creature exists, isn't making somebody imitate the way your 'son' was tortured a bit sick and twisted? Or am I missing something here?
You're surprised that the Christian god is sick and twisted?
I was told in college by a history teacher that the practice in those times was to have the prisoner carry a beam across the shoulders that was lifted up and set on top of a pole at the crucifixion site. I just thought it was interesting but my mother said that he was a communist and was very upset about it. (This was in 1964.) I'm sure there was no mention of wheels however ;-)
LOL!!!
What a wimp! Wheels! Padding! 2x4 timber! Phah! I've seen the accurate historical document, Monty Python's Life of Brian, the crosses where much larger and heavier than that one.

This is blasphemy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service