GOP-linked punk rock ministry says executing gays is ‘moral’

You Can Run But You Cannot Hide, Inc., a 501(c)3 nonprofit ministry that brings its hard rock gospel into public schools, has been deepening its long-running ties to the Republican Party of Minnesota. Long a cause célèbre for Rep. Michele Bachmann, who has twice lent her name to the group’s fundraising efforts, You Can Run (YCR) had a booth at the GOP convention in April, and the group’s frontman, Bradlee Dean, reports that gubernatorial candidate Tom Emmer recently accepted an invitation to visit with him at Dean’s home. But recent controversial statements by Dean — that Muslim countries calling for the execution of gays and lesbians are “more moral than even the American Christians” — have drawn the ire of some both within and outside the party.

“Muslims are calling for the executions of homosexuals in America,” Dean said on YCR’s May 15 radio show on AM 1280 the Patriot. “This just shows you they themselves are upholding the laws that are even in the Bible of the Judeo-Christian God, but they seem to be more moral than even the American Christians do, because these people are livid about enforcing their laws. They know homosexuality is an abomination.”

“If America won’t enforce the laws, God will raise up a foreign enemy to do just that,” Dean continued. “That is what you are seeing in America.”

“The bottom line is this… they [homosexuals] play the victim when they are, in fact, the predator,” Dean said, before going on to make a claim that has no basis in fact: “On average, they molest 117 people before they’re found out. How many kids have been destroyed, how many adults have been destroyed because of crimes against nature?” [...]

Wow. You fags must have blisters.

Tags: gays, glbt, gop, minnesota, ycr

Views: 107

Replies to This Discussion

It is also no different than believing what you are told in church.
Aaaaagh!!! The stupid, it burns!!! I think I may have suffered some permanent brain damage from this shit!
An they are considered a c3 non-profit with access to our kids...awesome.
Not only that. You can even book them for high school assemblies and prison events.

It would be interesting to find out if any public schools actually booked them. Could that be where taxpayer money is going?
I remember hearing one that booked them and finding out only after they got there what they were actually about.
So if they think Islam is so wonderful for killing gays, how about they just convert to it?

Some people make it really hard for me to say Islam is worse than Christianity...they really try to catch up with Muslims in the category of backwardness.
Its sounds like talking, but it ain't coming from the mouth? I can't help thinking this guy was abused as a child, by a big black mamba; and if not then he definitely should be. Homophobic prick!
Its possible that the only gay people he's ever met are Catholic priests.
Exactly how far to the right does the GOP have to go before they join the ranks of Aryan Nation and Skinheads as "Groups you might secretly support but are embarrassed to say so in public?"
I dunno. Let's see how much longer it takes. I'd give them another 4 or 6 years.
You mean they are not there yet ? Could have fooled me.
Alas, not for enough of the population. The poor shmucks out in the sticks are still rabid supporters ... the ones who vote for Jesus, keeping those queers in their place, and keeping the Democrats from raising our taxes (all while making minimum wage, paying no income tax, and living on Democrat-sponsored welfare).

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

MJ

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service