"God did not create this country to be a nation of followers. America is not destined to be one of several equally balanced global powers. America must lead the world, or someone else will." 

The "moderate" Republican, and likely candidate for President, sounds frighteningly like an early Twentieth Century fascist.

I hope the Wall Street protest is the beginning (finally!) of a common sense and populist backlash against this insanity.  

http://www.boston.com/news/politics/articles/2011/10/07/romney_god_...

Views: 101

Replies to This Discussion

Holy fuckin' shit. That's terrifying.
This kind of goes along with Mormon beliefs, which hold America as the Promised Land.  They even say the Garden of Eden was in the US!  (Obviously, it was nowhere, but, this differs from the more common understanding of Mesopotamia...)

Ah, so a Mormon mindset is as nationalistic and bigoted as a Southern Baptist mindset. He should be able to have his ticket stamped by the "social consevatives."

Some folks say "Don't pay any attention to the Primaries rhetoric, it doesn't mean anything." I don't agree. He's either a fascist or a liar. His rhetorical history doesn't just vaporize next November. 

There's always hoping his magical underwear will spontaneously combust. ;)
FASCIST ALERT
I wonder when the Mormons, not to mention the Catholics, will realize that the rest of the Religious Right does not love them or even regard them as Christians. I suppose they'll find out if the RR ever gains control of this country and they find themselves relegated to 2nd class citizenship along with us heathens.
I think that pastor's just one letter wrong...
We can be comforted by two things. The "social conservatives" will always be fighting among themselves, and their lack of intellectual discipline and integrity generally causes them to self-destruct soon after gaining the spotlight, eg, O'Donnell, Palin, Bachmann, Perry.
Any word yet on whether or not Palin is running?
She recently said she's not running. I think we've seen the last of her in terms of running for office. She's focused on money and doesn't like to be exposed to criticism.
Pity.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service