Fox News Host Announces Plans for Muslim Gay Bar Next to Ground Zero Mosque

Fox News Host Announces Plans for Muslim Gay Bar Next to Ground Zero Mosque

Important news in the annals of publicity stunts today, as Fox News’ Greg Gutfeld announced on his blog—the truly unfortunately named “Daily Gut”—that he has aims to open a Ground Zero–area gay bar catering to Muslim men in the space next to a proposed mosque. “As you know, the Muslim faith doesn't look kindly upon homosexuality, which is why I’m building this bar. It is an effort to break down barriers and reduce deadly homophobia in the Islamic world,” the Red Eye host wrote, identifying the bar’s raison d'être. “After all, the belief driving them to open up their center near Ground Zero, is no different than mine.” Ahem.

Gutfeld insists, multiple times, that he is “dead serious on this one,” and announces that he has “spoken to a number of investors” about the project. (For what it’s worth, Red Eye’s Andy Levy corroborates Gutfeld’s earnestness.) Reactions to the proposal have been mixed. Mediaite’s Jon Bershad, for instance, characterized the idea as “brilliant,” explaining, “just because I support Muslim Americans in their fight against anti-Islam prejudice, doesn’t mean they shouldn’t get a few dings for their religion’s own prejudice against homosexuals.” The conservative Hot Air blog, itself against the construction of the Ground Zero mosque, provides a helpful gloss: the gay bar is, metaphorically, a mosque equivalent. According to the site, both the bar and the cultural center “needlessly [inflame] cultural tensions in the ostensible service of liberal values” and both “celebrate tolerance regardless of the sensitivities of the surrounding area.” In any event, the stunt will certainly put Gutfeld on the map, if not, necessarily, his Muslim gay bar.

Tags: bar, fox, gay, ground zero, muslim

Views: 42

Replies to This Discussion

That's so awesome. Finally all that same-sex sexual tension from the strict separation of males and females has an outlet.
Maybe the gay bar is a good idea. You get to separate the meat from the milk. Whoops, sorry. That's the Jews.

(I apologize in advance if this response is perceived as misogynistic, homophobic, anti-Semitic, or otherwise offensive.)
(grins ;-)
I hope he isn't just talking shit. I hope he actually does this. Just to see the reaction, I would love to see this happen.

I know his motivation is just to stir up shit but I would love to see this shit stirred.
But Muslims can;t drink alcohol. It is haram ...
You know what, I think this is such a great idea that even I would help contribute to the building of such a place. Though, I question the number of potential clientèle if it was aimed exclusively at Muslims. I think it should be truly open as we wouldn't want to discriminate. But, Gay Bar next to this Muslim "mosque/community center" would be rather sweet. I fully support it.
I bet they'd at least want to come in. Maybe they'd start wearing burqas so no one would recognize them!
LOL I honestly have no problem with the mosque, its not being built on the 9/11 site or on the 9/11 date, therefore to me its not that big of a deal. still, this gay bar being built next to the mosque is a good idea possibly I think this is a good way to break down religously motivated prejudices, if there is any, and maybe we can settle this homosexuality issue with the muslims who will be going to there little community center at least. I only have one issue though im worried that maybe all the prejudice will be too hard to control, and that if anything we just end up giving them the opportunity to persecute others for their sexuality. lets hope for the alternative lol :)

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service