Blinded Iranian seeks eye-for-eye justice

An Iranian woman living in Spain said she welcomed a Tehran court ruling that awards her eye-for-an-eye justice against a suitor who blinded her with acid.

Ameneh Bahrami, 30, told Cadena SER radio, "I am not doing this out of revenge, but rather so that the suffering I went through is not repeated."

Late last year an Iranian court ruled that the man - identified only as Majid - who blinded Ms Bahrami in 2004 after she spurned him, should also be blinded with acid, based on the Islamic law system of "qisas", or eye for an eye retribution.

But Ms Bahrami, who moved to Spain to get medical treatment after the attack, said on Wednesday that, under Iranian law, she is entitled to blind her attacker in only one eye, unless she pays €20,000 ($39,000), because in Iran women are not considered equal to men.

"They have told us that my two eyes are equal to one of his because in my country each man is worth two women. They are not the same," she told Cadena SER.

Ms Bahrami explained that she was now waiting for a letter from the court to go back to Iran for the punishment to be carried out.

Cadenda SER said that, after undergoing treatment in Barcelona, Ms Bahrami recovered 40 per cent vision in one eye but since then doctors have not been able to prevent her from going totally blind. She also suffered horrific burns to her face, scalp and body.

She said she now survives on €400 a month in aid from the Spanish Government.

The woman said Majid would be blinded by having several drops of acid put into one eye, whereas she had acid splashed all over her face and other parts of her body.

No one at the Iranian embassy was available for comment.

Tags: acid, disfigurement, evil, iran, islam, justice, law, sharia, women

Views: 3

Replies to This Discussion

Yeah... I don't know how to respond to this. First there is the concept of visiting the same harm upon another person that they visited upon you. Then there is the fact that women are only worth half a man in that country. I mean, when this happened I was outraged now I just find it all depressing.
this incident happened a few years ago. she was being treated in Spain with the help of previous government but Ahmadi njead's government refused to continue this help. and this poor woman remained helpless so she pursued her trial again.
unfortunately this is not the only case in such events. most of them don't attract or aren't be allowed to attract media's attentions .
now look at this: do you now how much men's testicles do worth in Islamic laws?!! it s depends on its place!!! right one is 1/3 of a man's worth and the left one is 2/3 !!! now the Conclusion:

1 if you wanna break a muslim's ball target the right one its cost is less ;)

2 ACCORDING THE ISLAMIC LAWS: a woman worth less than a Mulims's left ball!!!!

yeah this is the shit-hole where I live!!! :(

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

Grinning Cat replied to Ruth Anthony-Gardner's discussion Ebola contagion through air in the group Health & Fitness
6 minutes ago
L. Alcorn replied to L. Alcorn's discussion Early Christianity
30 minutes ago
Patricia replied to Grinning Cat's discussion Don't leave your keys on your desk: company copies keys from photos for $6 in the group Hang With Friends
37 minutes ago
Loren Miller replied to Grinning Cat's discussion Don't leave your keys on your desk: company copies keys from photos for $6 in the group Hang With Friends
40 minutes ago
Steve replied to Grinning Cat's discussion Don't leave your keys on your desk: company copies keys from photos for $6 in the group Hang With Friends
45 minutes ago
The Devian replied to scott martins's discussion IS EVERYBODY 100% POSITIVE THERE IS NO GOD?
46 minutes ago
Loren Miller replied to Grinning Cat's discussion Don't leave your keys on your desk: company copies keys from photos for $6 in the group Hang With Friends
48 minutes ago
Future replied to MattyLJ's discussion Ever had a family member die
51 minutes ago
Michael Penn replied to Freethinker31's discussion Family Values
57 minutes ago
Patricia replied to Grinning Cat's discussion Don't leave your keys on your desk: company copies keys from photos for $6 in the group Hang With Friends
1 hour ago
Profile IconLeon K and Taxi Paul joined Atheist Nexus
1 hour ago
Idaho Spud replied to Grinning Cat's discussion Don't leave your keys on your desk: company copies keys from photos for $6 in the group Hang With Friends
1 hour ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service